This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Trump tells McGahn to defy Congress' subpoena

User Info: ozzyman314

ozzyman314
1 month ago#1
https://apnews.com/b2bd6c1440c0425c97329c044c76f40a?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

Cue Democrats hitting another Trump crony with a vote of contempt.

Too bad they Democrats don’t have the spine to do something they might actually discourage Republicans from breaking the law, Like arresting them (which they have every right to do).
Loading Signature..........

User Info: DnDer

DnDer
1 month ago#2
Does preventing someone from responding to a subpoena for questioning in an investigation count as obstruction yet?
What has books ever teached us? -- Captain Afrohead
Subject-verb agreement. -- t3h 0n3

User Info: Musourenka

Musourenka
1 month ago#3
Obstruction of Justice, Abuse of Power.
Shooing away pigeons crapping on debate tables is not a violation of the pigeons' free speech.

User Info: Takuya Lee

Takuya Lee
1 month ago#4
Wait for it....

Is what I want to say, but the Dem Party has a history of showing no spine. I hope they show it this time, but I won't be surprised off they don't. Only disappointed.
I'm just passing through. Remember that.

User Info: feudel

feudel
1 month ago#5
Takuya Lee posted...
Wait for it....

Is what I want to say, but the Dem Party has a history of showing no spine. I hope they show it this time, but I won't be surprised off they don't. Only disappointed.

They have no choice but to exhaust all attempts. You cant just immediately subpoena someone.
????????

User Info: Takuya Lee

Takuya Lee
1 month ago#6
feudel posted...
Takuya Lee posted...
Wait for it....

They have no choice but to exhaust all attempts. You cant just immediately subpoena someone.

I know. I'm talking about the overall situation and the blanket denial of testimony. The House has gone thru the motions and procedures on many of them. It's getting to the place where try have to take action to enforce those subpoenas. Not just for answers but also for the precedent so that no one else gets this bright idea again.
I'm just passing through. Remember that.

User Info: mystic belmont

mystic belmont
1 month ago#7
Looks like McGahn is going to defy the subpoena.

Openly breaking the law means McGahn gets disbarred in all 50 states.
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
[Evil Republican] 3DS FC: 5429-7297-4842

User Info: Necronmon

Necronmon
1 month ago#8
You would think that the President defying the law is treason in itself but its clear Mitch and co only see breaking the power of " The white rich men" tribe as any law that matters.

At this point its getting closer to just trying to impeach to show just how utterly corrupt the republicans are.

User Info: Block that Kick

Block that Kick
1 month ago#9
Again, this is textbook obstruction of justice committed by Donald Trump.
The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.

User Info: Bluebomber182

Bluebomber182
1 month ago#10
how is this legal?
Not changing this sig until Big E or Xavier Woods turn heel and attack Kofi Started 4/14/19
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Trump tells McGahn to defy Congress' subpoena
  • Topic Archived