This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Do you believe it's possible to be a "race traitor"?

User Info: SBBrealquick

SBBrealquick
1 month ago#1
Do you think this is a real thing - Results (82 votes)
Yes
41.46% (34 votes)
No
58.54% (48 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Feel free to elaborate on your answer and give examples of when or how that would be a fair thing to label someone, or why you think the label is complete bulls*** and maybe is itself racist...

Been having some arguments about this one, i.e. black trump voters, black women dating rich white men, etc...

Personally i think the concept is really gross and dangerous...people of a particular race should not be thought of as monoliths nor should their political views or sexual preferences deem them unworthy or disloyal to their skin color....

Thoughts?

User Info: DullPython

DullPython
1 month ago#2
No.

To be free, you need to be able to express and live your life as an individual. In no way should anyone feel like a "race traitor". That's insane.
Biden 2020 (because I want to win) | Modded for calling someone a glass pane (flaming) and for saying a topic headline was stupid (trolling)

User Info: wolverinerob79

wolverinerob79
1 month ago#3
Of course not...thinking a person of a particular race should think or act in a particular way is in itself a stereotype and leads to racism and prejudice.

User Info: kevpri_bom

kevpri_bom
1 month ago#4
for me, it would be very unbecoming to accuse some person or people for being a traitor to the race, but i would say that i maybe can hear some people from other places that say to me candace owens or the two very stupid people from silk and diamonds.

User Info: Sczoyd

Sczoyd
1 month ago#5
Hmm... I could see maybe in old times, black people who fought for the confederacy, maybe...? I don't know
"No merkins? Fie on thee." - zhukov1943
WoT

User Info: mario2000

mario2000
1 month ago#6
no
Arrrr the SS Goku, Mighty fine boat... -fatmatt
Hope Frieza doesn't chuck an Iceberg at the Goku, otherwise it's all over. -Nekoslash

User Info: NewDarkAges

NewDarkAges
1 month ago#7
Jesse Lee Peterson
"questioning support for the U.S.- Israel relationship is unacceptable." -- Rep Juan Vargas 10:27 AM - 4 Mar 2019

User Info: Brandalia

Brandalia
1 month ago#8
No lol. People are individuals, and owe nothing to the overarching group to which they belong.
Never forget > https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/261-politics/76952229

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
1 month ago#9
SBBrealquick posted...
Feel free to elaborate on your answer and give examples of when or how that would be a fair thing to label someone, or why you think the label is complete bulls*** and maybe is itself racist...

Been having some arguments about this one, i.e. black trump voters, black women dating rich white men, etc...

Personally i think the concept is really gross and dangerous...people of a particular race should not be thought of as monoliths nor should their political views or sexual preferences deem them unworthy or disloyal to their skin color....

Thoughts?

It's certainly a very racist concept.

It's one that's very normal, and acceptable, by most every race though.

Funny though. As with anything else, it's only only White Christians who are chastised for expressing any views that would fall into this category
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Do you believe it's possible to be a "race traitor"?
  • Topic Archived