This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Tiger Woods Awarded Medal Of Freedom By Trump

User Info: YoshiBerry

YoshiBerry
1 year ago#31
mercurydude posted...
I mean, you always go to bat for the white supremacists, so any response other than this kind of drivel would not have been expected from you. You're one of those who would consider him "one of the good ones" for the very reasons I mentioned.

He didn't refuse to comment on Trump, he threw an excuse out there that you've got to respect the president come hell or high water just because he's the president, an excuse that Teddy Roosevelt himself thoroughly refuted decades before. What he refused to comment on was Trump's racism, and that's par for the course for Woods, who has always been a coward when it comes to racial issues, even when he's being insulted to his face, and who has had a relationship and business dealings with Trump. There are others who have been in that same situation who nonetheless had the backbone to rebuke Trump for his racist words and policies.

I go to bat for white supremacists by defending Tiger Woods? And for being glad that a professional athlete refuses to comment one way or another on politics? Shame on you, I'm serious. I wish more were like this. He is the best golfer ever, and that I why I respect him.

You just expect every celebrity to cater to your exact politics, and are mad that this time one not only didn't agree with you, but he refused to comment altogether. Take a look in the mirror and ask yourself how you became this angry.
"What are the three words guaranteed to humiliate men everywhere? 'Hold my purse."

User Info: JokedUp

JokedUp
1 year ago#32
rusrockt10 posted...
StarFighters76 posted...
For what purpose was he awarded this? Seriously, I don't recall anything he did that would merit such an award if we are to go by the mere definition of the name.

He is the greatest golfer who ever lived. Three other golfers have already been given the award, so why not him? One of the first recipients of the medal was a swimming coach for f***s sake.

The definition of the award is someone who makes "an especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the United States, world peace, cultural or other significant public or private endeavors"....so Tiger EASILY qualifies.

Said everyone in the 90’s. Sorry but Jack Nicklaus is better. At his peak Tiger was playing better than anyone ever had but you gotta keep that s*** going to be the GOAT. Augusta is Augusta, the clubs have gotten better and talent have gotten better and Jacks still got 6.
Yup Joked can really be an ass at times, a kick ass, hilarious ass, but an ass none the less.- J Dogg WWJBD/JBPHC =w= RIP Mitch

User Info: Don Machevialli

Don Machevialli
1 year ago#33
rusrockt10 posted...
StarFighters76 posted...
For what purpose was he awarded this? Seriously, I don't recall anything he did that would merit such an award if we are to go by the mere definition of the name.

He is the greatest golfer who ever lived. Three other golfers have already been given the award, so why not him? One of the first recipients of the medal was a swimming coach for f***s sake.

The definition of the award is someone who makes "an especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the United States, world peace, cultural or other significant public or private endeavors"....so Tiger EASILY qualifies.

The others were quite advanced in age. Palmer was 74, Nicklaus was 64 and Sifford was 91. Woods in comparison is only 43 and still has a career ahead of him. He deserves it certainly but it is unusual to give it to someone who isn't nearing death and whose lifetime story is largely over. Those business ties and whatnot muddle the waters as well.

Though I should note Nicklaus still played but he retired the next year professionally.
A nation is born stoic, and dies epicurean. ~ Will & Ariel Durant (Machiavelli is the correct spelling)

User Info: feudel

feudel
1 year ago#34
YoshiBerry posted...
mercurydude posted...
I mean, you always go to bat for the white supremacists, so any response other than this kind of drivel would not have been expected from you. You're one of those who would consider him "one of the good ones" for the very reasons I mentioned.

He didn't refuse to comment on Trump, he threw an excuse out there that you've got to respect the president come hell or high water just because he's the president, an excuse that Teddy Roosevelt himself thoroughly refuted decades before. What he refused to comment on was Trump's racism, and that's par for the course for Woods, who has always been a coward when it comes to racial issues, even when he's being insulted to his face, and who has had a relationship and business dealings with Trump. There are others who have been in that same situation who nonetheless had the backbone to rebuke Trump for his racist words and policies.

I go to bat for white supremacists by defending Tiger Woods? And for being glad that a professional athlete refuses to comment one way or another on politics? Shame on you, I'm serious. I wish more were like this. He is the best golfer ever, and that I why I respect him.

You just expect every celebrity to cater to your exact politics, and are mad that this time one not only didn't agree with you, but he refused to comment altogether. Take a look in the mirror and ask yourself how you became this angry.

So mad you had to reply back
????????

User Info: StarFighters76

StarFighters76
1 year ago#35
YoshiBerry posted...
StarFighters76 posted...

To say he did "nothing" is absurd. Hes one of the greatest living athletes.

Need to lay off the obvious trolling. It's not working for you.

I'm trolling by saying that Tiger woods is the best golfer ever? What the f***

You know what you're doing. It was evident in your "must stop Trump" topic.
1,000 maps goal achieved on 04/12/2010!
2,000 maps goal achieved on 04/15/2016!

User Info: VRX3000

VRX3000
1 year ago#36
Well, the words "other endeavors" means that realistically...anyone can get this award and it would be fine. And there have been plenty of people in the past that got the award for doing less. So technically this is OK.

But I feel culturally this is like being knighted by the Queen. You know. It SHOULD be rare. It should be reserved for people that found a cure for cancer or saves a bunch of kids from a burning building. Once you start knighting everyone who had a hit record on the radio, it just diminishes the title. So while Tiger Woods isn't to blame for any of this, it's really the sort of thing that shouldn't be used for.
~ - ~
On second thought, I want my old signature back

User Info: FrisbeeDude

FrisbeeDude
1 year ago#37
Hes easily the most famous black athlete to visit the White House in celebration of a major sports achievement during the Trump era. I'm surprised he didnt give him a key to the city.
If you're not voting like a black woman, your opinion doesn't matter to me

User Info: rusrockt10

rusrockt10
1 year ago#38
JokedUp posted...
rusrockt10 posted...
StarFighters76 posted...

Said everyone in the 90’s. Sorry but Jack Nicklaus is better. At his peak Tiger was playing better than anyone ever had but you gotta keep that s*** going to be the GOAT. Augusta is Augusta, the clubs have gotten better and talent have gotten better and Jacks still got 6.

Yes, the talent has gotten better, which is what makes Tiger more impressive. He has faced FAR more competition than Jack (as is natural.....every generation will have more and more competition as the game grows). Even with his slump, Tiger has won 23.2% of the events he has entered. Through the same age Tiger is now, Jack won 17.7%.

I love Jack, but Tiger is the GOAT.

User Info: GreatEvilEmpire

GreatEvilEmpire
1 year ago#39
I thought Trump was a racist.
Sig under construction!

User Info: creativerealms

creativerealms
1 year ago#40
StarFighters76 posted...

For being an athlete would can actually stand being in the same room as Trump?
Sarcasm is my basic function.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Tiger Woods Awarded Medal Of Freedom By Trump
  • Topic Archived