This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Lara Trump Calls Migrants 'The Downfall Of Germany'

User Info: gogogodzilla

gogogodzilla
3 weeks ago#1
04/25/2019 05:31 pm ET
By Amy Russo

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/lara-trump-migrants-germany_n_5cc1fee0e4b0e56130eea6f1

Lara Trump, President Donald Trump’s daughter-in-law and 2020 campaign adviser, asserted on Thursday that Germany’s acceptance of migrants was “the downfall” of the country.

“It was the downfall of Germany ― one of the worst things that ever happened to Germany,” she told Fox Business Network, referring to Chancellor Angela Merkel’s open-door policy. “This president knows that. He’s trying to prevent that from happening here, but Congress has got to get their act together and do the right thing here for the American people.”

She made no mention of the nation’s involvement in either World War I or II, or its descent into Nazi rule.

In 2015, Germany received a record-breaking 2.14 million immigrants, marking a 46 percent increase from the previous year, according to data from its Federal Office for Migration and Refugees. The largest group by far were from civil war-ravaged Syria, which led to the highest number of refugees seen since World War II. Other migrants accepted by Germany had fled Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan.

In a 2017 report, Amnesty International ranked Germany as the top refugee-hosting nation in all of Europe and the seventh worldwide.

Backing the president’s attempted immigration crackdown, Trump slammed lawmakers for what she felt was a failure to take action.

“The fact that Congress has not addressed what is going on on our southern border has been detrimental not just to our country, but it’s threatening peoples’ lives every day because people have incentive to try and come here and a lot of them die or are injured along the way,” she said.

On Fox Business, Lara Trump claims that Angela Merkel’s welcoming of refugees was “the downfall of Germany” and “one of the worst things that ever happened to Germany.” pic.twitter.com/p2QWhFYqSe
— Bobby Lewis (@revrrlewis) April 25, 2019

Though Europe handled an increase in migrants from 2015 to 2016 as Syria continued to spiral into crisis, the number of registered first-time asylum-seekers dipped dramatically in 2017 and 2018, European Union data shows. At its highest, the number was more than 1.25 million, falling to less than 581,000 in 2018.

However, that’s not because of a lack of asylum applications. Throughout the past two years, the number of applicants has fluctuated somewhat, but acceptance rates dropped significantly, partly due to the implementation of additional restrictions.
My Prinny says, "DOOD!"

User Info: Dynedux

Dynedux
3 weeks ago#2
Didn't even know there was a Lara Trump
The idea of "doxxing" is idiotic. Why should anyone be able to hide behind the anonymity of the internet?-AndreLeGeant

User Info: Hyena 20

Hyena 20
3 weeks ago#3
Dynedux posted...

What, you think Donny Jr and Eric Trump are married to their right hands?

And man, even the in-laws use the same amount of absurd hyperbole as Trump. I actually hope that Kushner has something to say about Lara's statement, LOL. (well, on a serious note, he will if he has any dignity left)
Meet Captain Euro, the coolest superhero this side of Aquaman!~~Portal of Evil
[Disillusioned Independent]

User Info: ForsakenHermit

ForsakenHermit
3 weeks ago#4
No, I'm pretty sure Germany's downfall was listening to an Austrian with a half-assed mustache.
Beware the fanatic! Too often his cure is deadlier by far than the evil he denounces!-Stan Lee RIP
Make Arcades Great Again!

User Info: -Kicksave-

-Kicksave-
3 weeks ago#5
Even Hillary has recently implied similar and had publicly stated Merkley (her idol and friend) needs to stop.

This is real Hillary, not “I’m running for President so I have to be PC” Hillary.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Rico, YOU know what to DO!

User Info: gogogodzilla

gogogodzilla
3 weeks ago#6
Casimir III the Great of Poland invited immigrants to his country as well.

And doing so made his country thrive.

---

At least, until Germany decided to do something about those immigrants.

(Hint: That was the downfall of Germany. Not immigrants.)

---

https://tinyurl.com/y6zeuhws

(link to YouTube video - as posting a link to a Schindler's List clip will invariably bring out the neo-Nazi trolls to report the post... just like the time I posted front-page newspaper photos from the Nuremburg trials... or history book photos from the Russian pogroms of the 1900s)
My Prinny says, "DOOD!"

User Info: darkace77450

darkace77450
3 weeks ago#7
Lara Trump, President Donald Trump’s daughter-in-law and 2020 campaign adviser

I.e. Trump takes in donations from rubes and pays his family to advise his campaign and charges his campaign inflated rates to rent office space in his buildings. It's quite the scheme, really.

User Info: Dynedux

Dynedux
3 weeks ago#8
Hyena 20 posted...
Dynedux posted...

What, you think Donny Jr and Eric Trump are married to their right hands?

I mean... Maybe?
The idea of "doxxing" is idiotic. Why should anyone be able to hide behind the anonymity of the internet?-AndreLeGeant

User Info: mercurydude

mercurydude
3 weeks ago#9
She probably consider's their 1930's-early 40's policy to be their glory days. She's also quite smug for someone who married into a family that may very well be the downfall of America... at the very least, they have set us back decades and destroyed the dignity of he office of the president. Whoever follows Trump will be spending most of their time fixing what he f***ed up.
These children that you spit on as they try to change their worlds are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through. - Bowie

User Info: darkace77450

darkace77450
3 weeks ago#10
mercurydude posted...
Whoever follows Trump will be spending most of their time fixing what he f***ed up.

And they'll be blamed for the messes he's made.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Lara Trump Calls Migrants 'The Downfall Of Germany'
  • Topic Archived