This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. The media refusing to call Trump a liar to his face is a huge issue.

User Info: ClayGuida

ClayGuida
1 month ago#1
Call him a f***ing liar. When he lies, tell him and the world he's lying. Stop skirting around this. When he's so f***ing blatant, call him out on it. Don't ask for his source, flat out tell him he's lying and that he's a liar.
lolAmerica

User Info: McSame_as_Bush

McSame_as_Bush
1 month ago#2
To his face? They won't even use the L-word in newspapers or on TV.
I lay awake at three, staring at the ceiling
It's a kind of off-white, maybe it's a cream

ClayGuida
1 month ago#3
McSame_as_Bush posted...

There's been a smattering of articles or tv segments calling him a liar, but nobody has ever called him a liar during a press conference or whatever. When he says flat out lies, he should be called on it. I know that most of the time he's saying s*** at speech, so it's hard to counter that, like the windmill s***, but there's been times where he has a speech outside the white house and he just gets away with whatever he says.
lolAmerica

User Info: UnsteadyOwl

UnsteadyOwl
1 month ago#4
I understand a little bit if it's something he says once. Then it can be something he remembered wrong, or that came out wrong, or some bad information he was given. Call it a false or misleading statement, fine.

What gets me is when he doubles down on the false statement when called out on it, or keeps repeating it over and over. If there's been time for his advisors to correct him or for him to have researched it himself (lol), and there's been time for him to correct the record but he keeps repeating the false statement, you don't have to be careful about intent anymore. At that point he's definitely lying and should be called a liar.
They come to Rapture thinking they're gonna be captains of industry, but they all forget that somebody's gotta scrub the toilets.

User Info: shanefu22

shanefu22
1 month ago#5
What exactly has he lied about?
RDR2 is the best game I've ever played. Prove me wrong.

User Info: McSame_as_Bush

McSame_as_Bush
1 month ago#6
ClayGuida posted...
McSame_as_Bush posted...

There's been a smattering of articles or tv segments calling him a liar, but nobody has ever called him a liar during a press conference or whatever. When he says flat out lies, he should be called on it. I know that most of the time he's saying s*** at speech, so it's hard to counter that, like the windmill s***, but there's been times where he has a speech outside the white house and he just gets away with whatever he says.

Pundits and online publications will call him a liar, but some media is really reluctant to.

https://www.apnews.com/88675d3fdd674c7c9ec70f170f6e4a1a
I lay awake at three, staring at the ceiling
It's a kind of off-white, maybe it's a cream

User Info: UnsteadyOwl

UnsteadyOwl
1 month ago#7
shanefu22 posted...

cute
They come to Rapture thinking they're gonna be captains of industry, but they all forget that somebody's gotta scrub the toilets.

ClayGuida
1 month ago#8
shanefu22 posted...

Everything.
lolAmerica

User Info: YoshiBerry

YoshiBerry
1 month ago#9
They call him a liar all the time. Watch cnn or msnbc some time, they do it almost every night.

Where did you even come up with this thread? It’s so absurd that it borders on parody
"What are the three words guaranteed to humiliate men everywhere? 'Hold my purse."

ClayGuida
1 month ago#10
Seething
lolAmerica
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. The media refusing to call Trump a liar to his face is a huge issue.
  • Topic Archived