This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Trump issues first veto, continuing border 'emergency'

User Info: Muryo

Muryo
1 month ago#1
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-issues-first-veto-continuing-border-emergency-195420804.html

His fragile ego is in danger of course it’s an emergency!
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken

User Info: Takuya Lee

Takuya Lee
1 month ago#2
Time for the courts to step in then.
I'm just passing through. Remember that.

User Info: EPR-radar

EPR-radar
1 month ago#3
Naturally Trump's first veto is for the worthless cause of his stupid border wall, which is too idiotic even for most Congressional Republicans.

User Info: Stewman_Magoo

Stewman_Magoo
1 month ago#4
ArT oF tHe DeAl
PSN Stewman_Magoo

User Info: EthanSilver

EthanSilver
1 month ago#5
EPR-radar posted...
Naturally Trump's first veto is for the worthless cause of his stupid border wall, which is too idiotic even for most Congressional Republicans.

Maybe I'm being cynical here, but I think it's more turtle face and his peeps did it to save face. Because it is a s*** move and smells of abuse of power. So they don't have to be held responsible. Nice cop out yeah? However, they did this knowing Trump would veto, and the supreme court would okay it. I think even Trump touched on this tact.

I hope that is not the case.

User Info: EthanSilver

EthanSilver
1 month ago#6
Senators can lose their seats after all. Supreme court, not so much.

User Info: Musourenka

Musourenka
1 month ago#7
EthanSilver posted...
EPR-radar posted...

Maybe I'm being cynical here, but I think it's more turtle face and his peeps did it to save face. Because it is a s*** move and smells of abuse of power. So they don't have to be held responsible. Nice cop out yeah? However, they did this knowing Trump would veto, and the supreme court would okay it. I think even Trump touched on this tact.

I hope that is not the case.

It theoretically should only protect the twelve GOP members who tried to block it.

McConnell could not stop the vote, or else he would have.
Shooing away pigeons crapping on debate tables is not a violation of the pigeons' free speech.

User Info: SanctuarySpy

SanctuarySpy
1 month ago#8
At the presser he used the shooter's rhetoric to make his case for the wall, referring to Mexicans as "invaders"

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1106641548740100097

Per pool: Trump called the terror attack a "horrible, horrible thing" and said he called the PM to convey US "sorrow," then turned to “crimes of all kinds coming through our southern border.” He added, "People hate the word invasion, but that’s what it is.”

User Info: tremain07

tremain07
1 month ago#9
This was his plan wasn't it? lose and keep losing til it ends up at the supreme court where he'll win and honeslty given whose on the court he very well be right about that.
IGN: Sun
FC: 0061-0132-7564

User Info: aarrgus

aarrgus
1 month ago#10
SanctuarySpy posted...
At the presser he used the shooter's rhetoric to make his case for the wall, referring to Mexicans as "invaders"

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1106641548740100097

Per pool: [45*] called the terror attack a "horrible, horrible thing" and said he called the PM to convey US "sorrow," then turned to “crimes of all kinds coming through our southern border.” He added, "People hate the word invasion, but that’s what it is.”

Ugh...
Last night I was lying in bed, staring at the stars, and I wondered... Where the **** is my roof?
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Trump issues first veto, continuing border 'emergency'
  • Topic Archived