This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Speaker Pelosi needs to apologize for xenophobic smear of Rep. Omar

User Info: JoCrazy

JoCrazy
5 days ago#1
Speaker Nancy Pelosi should apologize to Representative Omar for falsely accusing her of being anti-Semitic. The first Muslim woman in Congress fairly called out the far-right government of Israel influence on some members of Congress, using lobbying groups. Pelosi misrepresented what she actually said by demanding an apology and labeling Omar as a bigoted person.

This type of xenophobic smear is unbecoming of the Speaker of the House.
X-Box One Gamertag: KrankDaddy - Currently playing: WWE 2K19, GTA Online, PUBG

User Info: FunWithAFryPan

FunWithAFryPan
5 days ago#2
It strikes me as being kinda weird that you made a topic about politicians bickering about what they said without quoting either one of them.
He who strikes with meaning is killed by meaning.

User Info: Liberal_Dave

Liberal_Dave
5 days ago#3
Is TC an anti-semite?

User Info: benjjjamin

benjjjamin
5 days ago#4
Nope. This freshmen class needs to learn that democrats have higher standards for behavior than tolerating twitter-level inflammatory hot takes. They're not amateurs any more. If they want to troll for likes and tut tuts, they can do it from their home PC. This freshman class needs to learn that they're no longer just rabbling their base. They're speaking to everyone every time they speak. And they are there to work. Not troll.
They line up just to be knocked down on the fly. They never flee before the splatter.
Why stare down fate? I think you all know why: Running wouldn't matter.
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: LightSnake

LightSnake
5 days ago#5
Yes, let's just be fine with saying "people are pro-Israel because Jewish lobbies pay them."

Sit down, Jo.
Ring the bells that still can ring/Forget your perfect offering/There is a crack in everything/That's how the light gets in."- RIP, Leonard Cohen

User Info: Tenlaar

Tenlaar
5 days ago#6
Regardless of whether you believe that Omar is anti-Semitic or not, what basis do you have for claiming that Pelosi's response was due to xenophobia? I sure hope you have some evidence to work with TC, otherwise what you're doing here seems awfully similar to what you're accusing Pelosi of.

User Info: McSame_as_Bush

McSame_as_Bush
5 days ago#7
Jocrazy topic.
I lay awake at three, staring at the ceiling
It's a kind of off-white, maybe it's a cream

User Info: Relle

Relle
5 days ago#8
The hell did she actually say? Because the least-biased headline I can find says she implied the GOP only supports Israel because of their donors.

And that's supposed to be wrong? Or is it one of those things where we don't say it out loud?
Reviews. Sarcasm. Occasional random nonsense.
https://www.youtube.com/RellePlays

User Info: LightSnake

LightSnake
5 days ago#9
Relle posted...
The hell did she actually say? Because the least-biased headline I can find says she implied the GOP only supports Israel because of their donors.

And that's supposed to be wrong? Or is it one of those things where we don't say it out loud?

You really don't see any issue with a sitting congresswoman saying AIPAC pays people to support Israel?
Ring the bells that still can ring/Forget your perfect offering/There is a crack in everything/That's how the light gets in."- RIP, Leonard Cohen
Jo is trying to start s*** again. Funny how he never posted again in his AOC topic after people started calling him out for posting clickbait to troll.
"Going to the Grand Canyon" is how Limbaugh's doctor refers to giving Limbaugh a colonoscopy-Kavatar
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Speaker Pelosi needs to apologize for xenophobic smear of Rep. Omar