This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Why does climate change bother so many?

User Info: Synbios459

Synbios459
4 weeks ago#1
Climate change is as old as the world Itself. Regardless if humans are around or not, the climate will change one way or another, so why does it matter?
3DS Friend Code: 4914-3099-5529

User Info: videospirit

videospirit
4 weeks ago#2
Because we're the ones causing it and it's going to be detrimental to us?

We'd be better off if we stopped doing the s*** that is heating the planet up faster than it otherwise would heat up.

User Info: Larni69

Larni69
4 weeks ago#3
Synbios459 posted...
Climate change is as old as the world Itself. Regardless if humans are around or not, the climate will change one way or another, so why does it matter?

So people will die or be displaced?

Sometimes people give a s*** about what happens to other people.
How do I change my name?

User Info: Thebrah

Thebrah
4 weeks ago#4
"f*** people" isn't a legitimate world philosophy.
Most capitalists don't know that you can't become rich without doing the opposite of Jesus Christ's golden rule. Maybe that's why rich folk don't go to heaven.

User Info: Thebrah

Thebrah
4 weeks ago#5
if you and a friend were throwing pennies down a well every week

and you found out that doing so was causing a chemical to get in the town's water supply that was causing people to get sick

you'd stop throwing pennies in the well, even if others still did. because it's f***ing evil. you're causing suffering to people who you may or may not know and it's directly attributed to your actions. refusing to stop should be a criminal offense.
Most capitalists don't know that you can't become rich without doing the opposite of Jesus Christ's golden rule. Maybe that's why rich folk don't go to heaven.

User Info: ALIEN_WORK2HOP

ALIEN_WORK2HOP
4 weeks ago#6
if the last summer we had in Europe was a sign for things to come. We really should be doing everything possible to avoid anything that may negatively effect our climate. Regardless of whether you believe in man made climate change or not, doing all you can against pollution in general can't really hurt.
If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders.

User Info: Anti-245

Anti-245
4 weeks ago#7
Thebrah posted...
"f*** people" isn't a legitimate world philosophy.

It’s not but it’s the current worldwide philosophy. Remember, people only have value if the market says they do.
Life in the DoB.

User Info: Synbios459

Synbios459
4 weeks ago#8
videospirit posted...
Because we're the ones causing it and it's going to be detrimental to us?

We'd be better off if we stopped doing the s*** that is heating the planet up faster than it otherwise would heat up.
given that at the end of the day nothing we do ultimately matter, does it really mean anything? The milky way galaxy will always exist no matter what.
3DS Friend Code: 4914-3099-5529

User Info: thelorenzolamas

thelorenzolamas
4 weeks ago#9
Because destroying the environment for short term gain while your grandkids have to shoulder the burden of what you've wrought after you're long dead is profitable and these people will fight tooth and nail to defend their right to do it.

User Info: Call_me_Shane

Call_me_Shane
4 weeks ago#10
It would've been awesome if people talked about this before.

Oh yeah. And the still use the same images they used in the 1950s!
https://youtu.be/m-AXBbuDxRY

https://youtu.be/9zHAbYOXjzk

https://youtu.be/I68pQfeK6N4
The building of a shrine, only just to burn. Thats the way it is.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Why does climate change bother so many?
  • Topic Archived