This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Daily Kos 2020 poll: Warren > Beto > Harris > Biden > Bernie

User Info: Aloner

Aloner
2 months ago#1
https://www.nbcnews.com/card/elizabeth-warren-leads-first-daily-kos-straw-poll-bernie-sanders-n956646

Daily Kos, the progressive blog that's long been a fixture on the left, is out with its first presidential straw poll of the 2020 cycle.

Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren is the clear leader, with 22 percent, with former Texas Rep. Beto O'Rourke, California Sen. Kamala Harris, former Vice President Joe Biden and Vermont Independent Sen. Bernie Sanders bunched up behind her. O'Rourke has 15 percent support, Harris and Biden are tied at 14 percent, and Sanders is at 11 percent.

The progressive organization says it'll repeat the straw poll every two weeks, switching out the names of the bottom-two finishers.

The poll isn't scientific—anyone who visited the Daily Kos website could vote (one vote per computer), and the blog told NBC News that it sent out the straw poll to a large segment of its email list to give it additional play.

But even with that caveat, there are some interesting takeaways here.

Unlike national polls that largely measure name ID this early on, the Daily Kos figures give a snapshot of what already-engaged progressive activists are thinking. What stood out the most to us, though, was the low standing for Bernie Sanders. It’s an alarm bell for his team that he’s struggling with folks who should be his ideological allies.

It's bizarre how Bernie is bleeding support even in progressive communities that once heavily promoted him. He can't pick up establishment votes, so he'd need a consolidated progressive vote to win.
Please understand, Smash Bros. fans: Anyone can make a fake leak.
SmashBurb won the stage bet and was right about the box.

User Info: Metal Gear Raxis

Metal Gear Raxis
2 months ago#2
Why the hell are progressives backing Joe Biden, do they not pay attention to him?
Friend Raynor, I can help no longer. Ima head back to the Void Holiday Inn and get a good night's sleep and hook up with you tomorrow for the next mission.

User Info: AndreLeGeant

AndreLeGeant
2 months ago#3
This is such a strange result that I suspect it needs to be disregarded particularly.
"Not only is Andre way smarter than you, he's also way smarter than you think you are." - SaikyoStyle

User Info: str8Knowledge

str8Knowledge
2 months ago#4
Warren’s voice is horrible.

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
2 months ago#5
simpsons told us the president after trump would be female so we know it has to be warren
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: Hyena 20

Hyena 20
2 months ago#6
Metal Gear Raxis posted...
Why the hell are progressives backing Joe Biden, do they not pay attention to him?

They like Obama. Therefore, Biden is like a second Obama. That is their logic, seriously.

As for Sanders, there is concern that he is too old to run. Even though Biden is only a few years younger.
Meet Captain Euro, the coolest superhero this side of Aquaman!~~Portal of Evil
[Disillusioned Independent]

User Info: Starks

Starks
2 months ago#7
Kossacks aren't representative of any movements within the party.

How is there any energy for Warren?

This race will change dramatically with whatever Biden decides. If he doesn't run, who will his massive base flock to? Beto? Harris? Booker? Brown?
This space for rent

User Info: bIuerain

bIuerain
2 months ago#8
Hyena 20 posted...

They like Obama. Therefore, Biden is like a second Obama. That is their logic, seriously.

As for Sanders, there is concern that he is too old to run. Even though Biden is only a few years younger.

I wasn't under the impression that progressives loved Obama. I mean you could do a lot worse, but he's pretty much an establishment centrist Democrat. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what a "progressive" is in this context?
go team venture!

User Info: Anti-245

Anti-245
2 months ago#9
AndreLeGeant posted...
This is such a strange result that I suspect it needs to be disregarded particularly.

They’ve been pushing Beto, Harris and Warren hard over the past weeks. Now, a poll comes out with sanders on the bottom.
Life in the DoB.

User Info: MegatokyoEd

MegatokyoEd
2 months ago#10
bIuerain posted...
Hyena 20 posted...

I wasn't under the impression that progressives loved Obama. I mean you could do a lot worse, but he's pretty much an establishment centrist Democrat. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what a "progressive" is in this context?

The vast majority of progressives loved Obama.

The Internet gives a very skewed look at what the progressive base actually entails.
[NO BARKLEY NO PEACE]
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Daily Kos 2020 poll: Warren > Beto > Harris > Biden > Bernie
  • Topic Archived