This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Wasn't it a month into Trump's presidency when he said the economy was great?

User Info: Culturally_Lao

Culturally_Lao
4 weeks ago#1
It's still something so baffling to me, and what's worse is how his supporters eat it up without a second thought.
I don't know what fact surprised me most: That the man had shot my cat, that I cared for that cat, or that I had a cat.

User Info: carljenk

carljenk
4 weeks ago#2
White supremacists will never admit it was the black man's economy.
Sorry if my posts make you feel emotional. It is not my intent.
Make America Nazi-Free Again. #NoMoreNazis #Wolf2

User Info: zeppelin4ever42

zeppelin4ever42
4 weeks ago#3
Culturally_Lao posted...
It's still something so baffling to me, and what's worse is how his supporters eat it up without a second thought.

And now it's showing signs of weakening

S&P down 5.5% year to date
Dow down 5%
NASDAQ down 3.5%

Remember how the cult was bragging about the stock market here between Trump's election and inauguration? As if somehow just invoking Trump's name changed everything

The f***ed up thing is it might literally take Great Recession 2: No Electricity for them to wake up
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me

User Info: Dark_Arbron

Dark_Arbron
4 weeks ago#4
carljenk posted...
White supremacists will never admit it was the black man's economy.

This is how Fox News does things. They claim "economy was awful in Obama's first month, and great in Trump's first!" which is actually true. That's the most effective thing, it's actually true.

Thing is they are not drawing attention to an important piece of information that most third-graders would realize (so naturally Fox News viewers wouldn't)-

Nothing gets done in one month. Obama's first month sucked because he inherited a s***pile (from a republican, BTW). Trump's first month rocked because he inherited a gold pile (from a democrat, BTW).

That completely reverses the message the intentionally-misleading report was trying to send.
Roll a d6. 1-2 ascending colon. 3-4 transverse colon. 5-6 descending colon.
This is a universal recipe for determining right wing sourcing. -EPR-radar

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
4 weeks ago#5
zeppelin4ever42 posted...
The f***ed up thing is it might literally take Great Recession 2: No Electricity for them to wake up

They'd still blame Hillary and Soros. Racist fascism is a hell of a drug.
"Tether even a roasted chicken."
- Yamamote Tsunetomo

Dark_Arbron
4 weeks ago#6
sfcalimari posted...
zeppelin4ever42 posted...

They'd still blame Hillary and Soros. Racist fascism is a hell of a drug.

They'd blame the brownouts on too many illegals making burritos with the kettle and TV on.
(That's why they want the browns out. Pun?)

User Info: Destroyer53

Destroyer53
4 weeks ago#7
Culturally_Lao posted...

I agree with the baffling part. Saying that a month in wouldn't that basically be giving Obama credit?

Dark_Arbron
4 weeks ago#8
Destroyer53 posted...
Culturally_Lao posted...

I agree with the baffling part. Saying that a month in wouldn't that basically be giving Obama credit?

To sane people, yes. But they know Trump followers aren't sane and will only see "TRUMP. GOOD."

User Info: Hyena 20

Hyena 20
4 weeks ago#9
He said it the day after he won. His claim was that just the act of winning returned business certainty and consumer confidence.
Meet Captain Euro, the coolest superhero this side of Aquaman!~~Portal of Evil
[Disillusioned Independent]

User Info: SkaterBassistKev

SkaterBassistKev
4 weeks ago#10
Maybe because liberals claimed the economy would crash immediately after Trump was elected?? Why do liberals also forget that Obama was dealing with monopoly money. Feds have increased interest rates 7 times in the 2 years of Trump being in office, that's the sign of a super hot economy
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Wasn't it a month into Trump's presidency when he said the economy was great?
  • Topic Archived