This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Republicans say searching "idiot" and getting Trump on Google is bias

User Info: Hourglass22

Hourglass22
3 months ago#1
https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/11/18136114/trump-idiot-image-search-result-sundar-pichai-google-congress-testimony

Really? I think it is a rather fitting image. Of course, it should also show Bush Jr. as well. Not biased at all. I mean, neither can make a coherent sentence. Neither can open their gob without becoming becoming a laughing stock.

User Info: gogues

gogues
3 months ago#2
The irony is that their actions now created headlines with ‘idiot’ and ‘trump’ in the same sentence, which will only further bolster his name in the search results.

User Info: Humble_Novice

Humble_Novice
3 months ago#3
Trump's picture also pops up if you search the words moron, stupid, dumbass, and imbecile.

User Info: mrplainswalker

mrplainswalker
3 months ago#4
Wouldn't this just mean that google is working correctly? When I image search for cats, I get pictures of cats. When I image search for planets, I get pictures of planets. If I do an image search for idiots, why wouldn't I get the most prominent idiots?
It's like punching a round bottom dummy. We all know it's futile, but occasionally it's fun.
- willythemailboy on the subject of stray orcas

User Info: SBBrealquick

SBBrealquick
3 months ago#5
Unless the folks at google are themselves progamming their engine to yield those results, its totally fair. If thats what the majority of people are saying, tough f***ing luck, maybe stop being an idiot. But, if google is using their platform to do that themselves, id say its kind of an issue.

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
3 months ago#6
It is bias, but Google obviously leans to one side, this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
I have lived to see Bolsonaro elected president of Brazil!! What a time to be alive!
Mirror of Kalandra drop - 7th of August 2018

User Info: JaeredMack

JaeredMack
3 months ago#7
Well, he's an idiot.
Sometimes I log-in and post bad wrestling takes.

User Info: JOExHIGASHI

JOExHIGASHI
3 months ago#8
Is there a law dictating "fair" search results?
Next Xbox will be named Xbox1 2

User Info: MalachiteXWater

MalachiteXWater
3 months ago#9
Sounds like an accurate search result.
I like lasagna

User Info: BinaryHedgehog

BinaryHedgehog
3 months ago#10
It's the engine working as intended. A bunch of people were putting words like "idiot" on pages with Trump's picture and SEO did the rest.
Music gamers are an underserved population. DDR Lives Matter.
"If at first you don't succeed, blame it on your parents" - Wheel of Morality
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Republicans say searching "idiot" and getting Trump on Google is bias
  • Topic Archived