This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. First Yiannopoulous, Now Sargon And Allsup - Patreon bans far right hatemongers

User Info: JlmmyPageZep

JlmmyPageZep
3 months ago#1
https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/qvqeev/crowdfunding-site-patreon-is-purging-far-right-figures

Sargon’s especially going to take a hit from this because he was getting 12k a month.
Never forget that the Unite The Right Rally was the day Gamergate lived up to its full potential;
https://archive.is/fwn7M

User Info: SaikyoStyle

SaikyoStyle
3 months ago#2
And nothing of value was lost.
I'm warning you with peace and love.
Dukat/Madred 2020. Make Cardassia Great Again!

User Info: Torgo

Torgo
3 months ago#3
The right are going to be playing victim over this, while demanding the left be punished for spreading the value of diversity and economic justice.
Gamefaqs: The original home of 'Alternative Facts'...
"Oh, well that's not altered, that's sped up" - Kellyanne Conway

User Info: Taxexemptionz

Taxexemptionz
3 months ago#4
How is Sargon a hate monger?

User Info: IShall_Run_Amok

IShall_Run_Amok
3 months ago#5
Is there any stated reason they're banning him? This Allsup guy was literally at Charlotesville, so any excuse is good enough for me - and here's hoping the guy never recovers - but ol' Carl of Swinton always struck me as being more careful about his neo-Nazi sympathies.
Melmac is really no place for cats.

User Info: bulbinking

bulbinking
3 months ago#6
IShall_Run_Amok posted...
Is there any stated reason they're banning him?

Internal politics.

Its like when communists were gutted, except we did a half assed job so they are pulling the same 2x as worse.
Qc_Stryder 5/21/2015 6:58:09 AM posted... Mods- Protectors of feelings
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/261-politics/76648194 <Shill tactics listed!

User Info: JlmmyPageZep

JlmmyPageZep
3 months ago#7
Taxexemptionz posted...
How is Sargon a hate monger?

He was a key catalyst in the Gamergate movement, a supporter for Tommy Robinson, and a member of UKIP.
Never forget that the Unite The Right Rally was the day Gamergate lived up to its full potential;
https://archive.is/fwn7M

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
3 months ago#8
Only ever watched that one video of Sargon where he responded to an Anna Akana video, and he was completely right in that one. Never watched anything else of his.
I have lived to see Bolsonaro elected president of Brazil!! What a time to be alive!
Mirror of Kalandra drop - 7th of August 2018

User Info: Hyena 20

Hyena 20
3 months ago#9
Torgo posted...
The right are going to be playing victim over this, while demanding the left be punished for spreading the value of diversity and economic justice.

Just wait until the repeal of Net Neutrality takes effect. They'll really be feeling it, then. You're kidding yourself if you think that the ISPs won't deplatform far right rags, sites, and pundits. And unlike web hosting companies, social media, etc., some entrepreneurial Joeblow can't just start his own alt-right alternative. Something like 80% of Trump supporters are opposed to NN (I believe you can only get this number if you subtract neutral or "not sure" votes from the tally.) The vast majority because they don't understand the history behind it, what it actually does, and the difference between a site admin, a web hosting company, and an ISP. The remainder are logical fallacy conspiracists "I hear what you're saying, but Soros and Obama are pro-NN, which means that you are somehow wrong, because they would never support something that's good for the country."
Around .01% or .001 actually know what it is and are opposed to it because "muh religus believz" and "muh sakred free makettz"
Pro-Trump techies overwhelmingly support NN.

BTW, I don't want to see that either because I actually want to know what the nutjob opposition are claiming. I live in a Net Neutrality state, but I don't trust that to be enough as Pai and the Trump admin are trying to ban state NN under the "interstate commerce" clause.

It should be noted that "80% of Trump supporters oppose NN" does not contradict the "80% of Americans are pro NN" stat. Swing voters are overwhelmingly pro-NN from what I recall, as are the overwhelming majority of Trump supporters in the tech industry.
Meet Captain Euro, the coolest superhero this side of Aquaman!~~Portal of Evil
[Disillusioned Independent]

User Info: EliteC

EliteC
3 months ago#10
JlmmyPageZep posted...
https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/qvqeev/crowdfunding-site-patreon-is-purging-far-right-figures

Sargon’s especially going to take a hit from this because he was getting 12k a month.

Hahahahahahahaha
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

LOL :D
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. First Yiannopoulous, Now Sargon And Allsup - Patreon bans far right hatemongers
  • Topic Archived