This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. So was Bush 41 a Republican the left kinda likes?

User Info: KendoRe2

KendoRe2
3 months ago#1
Policies aside, he's gotten nothing but praise from Clinton and Obama. Doesn't seem like he was divisive, just a decent man trying to do his job.

Also I guess the fact he actually fought for his country as a teenager probably goes a long way.

User Info: mrplainswalker

mrplainswalker
3 months ago#2
He's an old-school republican who was still more concerned about actual governance than "librul tears" at the end of the day. Having said that, they're paying him respect because that's what's expected of ex-presidents, not because they liked his policy.
It's like punching a round bottom dummy. We all know it's futile, but occasionally it's fun.
- willythemailboy on the subject of stray orcas

User Info: zerooo0

zerooo0
3 months ago#3
mrplainswalker posted...
He's an old-school republican who was still more concerned about actual governance than "librul tears" at the end of the day. Having said that, they're paying him respect because that's what's expected of ex-presidents, not because they liked his policy.

This. Unlike Trump and Republicans did with McCain.
Trump "My administration, I think, has had the most successful first year in the history of the presidency"

User Info: suchiuomizu

suchiuomizu
3 months ago#4
'Kinda likes' may be a stretch. But the fact that he was not incompetent garbage like his son or Trump goes a long way.

User Info: KendoRe2

KendoRe2
3 months ago#5
mrplainswalker posted...

Well i said policy aside, but once his run was up he became friends with Democrats and did humanitarian work. I guess he was from the days when opposing parties were still civil with each other. I've heard stories of him being friendly with LBJ. Now days that doesn't happen.

User Info: mad_hax_man

mad_hax_man
3 months ago#6
I'm sure that the left would rather him than Trump, but thats not saying much.
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart

User Info: Nitro378

Nitro378
3 months ago#7
It's just extreme rose tinted glasses situation, I really don't think he was much better on policy but to establishment liberals things like 'prestige' and 'class' matter more than substance.
Why is it only called class war when we fight back? https://youtu.be/fUuK6JtP7xA
Number of 30-day suspensions for attacking Zionism: 3

User Info: KajeI

KajeI
3 months ago#8
For what it's worth, I respect him for being the last Republican president to win the popular vote on their first run.
Look, i can name a few instances in MY life where i tried to reach mutual understanding
and i can TELL you, always faster and easier to just kill em. Just is!

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
3 months ago#9
respect and like are two very different things
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: carljenk

carljenk
3 months ago#10
Nitro378 posted...
It's just extreme rose tinted glasses situation, I really don't think he was much better on policy but to establishment liberals things like 'prestige' and 'class' matter more than substance.

None of which trump has.
Sorry if my posts make you feel emotional. It is not my intent.
Make America Nazi-Free Again. #NoMoreNazis #Wolf2
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. So was Bush 41 a Republican the left kinda likes?
  • Topic Archived