This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Ocasio-Cortez 2028. LOVE her.
UltimaterializerX 3 weeks ago#1
This is someone who could get to actually like democrats again. Get the old establishment garbage out of there and start over.
Winner of the Spring 2004 "Best Game Ever" Contest
http://www.twitch.tv/ultimaterializerx ; http://i.imgur.com/dsnL40n.png

User Info: GoodOlJr

GoodOlJr
3 weeks ago#2
You want a hyphenated name to rule the free world?
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3475/3291766630_b434e97925.jpg
3DS: 1005-8921-6109

User Info: BewmHedshot

BewmHedshot
3 weeks ago#3
Can we not vote for people because we have a crush on them? Republicans tried that in 2016 and look where we are now
Cavaliers: ONCE

User Info: Tenlaar

Tenlaar
3 weeks ago#4
Call me crazy, but I actually want to see how somebody functions as an elected representative before I decide they should be President.

User Info: Mr_Big_Boss

Mr_Big_Boss
3 weeks ago#5
GoodOlJr posted...
You want a hyphenated name to rule the free world?

We already have one, trump-Putin
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
Shenmue III

User Info: Romaji

Romaji
3 weeks ago#6
2028 sounds like you're assuming that not only will she not be it in 2020, but that a democrat will miraculously win in 2020 and win a second term in 2024.
Generic Signature

User Info: goooooBills

goooooBills
3 weeks ago#7
She'll have to be a little more realistic about the changes she wants. There's no way the country could pay for all the things that she wants.
"We haven't imported oil from Saudi Arabia in over a decade."
-Actual GFAQs Poster 7/30/18

User Info: Romaji

Romaji
3 weeks ago#8
goooooBills posted...
She'll have to be a little more realistic about the changes she wants. There's no way the country could pay for all the things that she wants.

Don't buy the narrative. We can afford a lot of things if we just change our spending priorities and update the tax code.

Aside from that, when you enter a negotiation, you don't start with a whole bunch of concessions to the other side, you start big and work toward the middle.
Generic Signature

User Info: darkace77450

darkace77450
3 weeks ago#9
Tenlaar posted...
Call me crazy, but I actually want to see how somebody functions as an elected representative before I decide they should be President.

I hope there are more people of this mind than not. By all means, praise her for her ideals, her character, her ability to communicate, etc. But let's wait and see if she's actually an wise and effective legislator before we crown her.

User Info: goooooBills

goooooBills
3 weeks ago#10
Romaji posted...
goooooBills posted...

Don't buy the narrative. We can afford a lot of things if we just change our spending priorities and update the tax code.

Aside from that, when you enter a negotiation, you don't start with a whole bunch of concessions to the other side, you start big and work toward the middle.

I'd agree with that, but I don't think I've seen her explain how she'd do it. She didn't look prepared at all when Tapper was asking about that last month.
"We haven't imported oil from Saudi Arabia in over a decade."
-Actual GFAQs Poster 7/30/18
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Ocasio-Cortez 2028. LOVE her.
  • Topic Archived