This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. one thing about Pelosi being speaker not being mentioned...

User Info: WhiskeyfuledDS1

WhiskeyfuledDS1
4 weeks ago#31
Jolteon posted...
WhiskeyfuledDS1 posted...
You forgot that the soup was already available but limited to people that required soup.

It actually wasn't available to people that required soup. I'm not sure where you're getting your facts, but the restaurant's competition had gotten a local ordinance passed which made it so that people with a pre-existing need for soup weren't allowed to buy any unless they paid outlandish prices.

It's also not the case that the soup was the only food available. After the soup went on sale, the local government realized how good it was, and repealed the local ordinance, and then they went on to pass a rule stating that nobody is allowed to go hungry. They could just eat a handful of doritos and that would satisfy the rules; they just need to eat something.

That's why I said trying. And punishing for not partaking in the soup. The pre existing need for soup was easily covered by going to the subsidized soup kitchen down the street called supicaid
I'm aware it's misspelled.... goddammit

User Info: Jolteon

Jolteon
4 weeks ago#32
That's why I said trying. And punishing for not partaking in the soup.

For not eating anything and then requiring lavishly expensive meals when they show up starving to death one day.

The pre existing need for soup was easily covered by going to the subsidized soup kitchen down the street called supicaid

I have to ask you again, where are you getting your information from? You obviously never lived in this town, and I question if you've even seen the inside of the restaurant.

That soup kitchen has strict rules for entry. If they think you make enough money to buy food elsewhere - even if every penny you make would have to go towards buying that food- they won't serve you. And if you make enough money that the soup kitchen won't serve you, but you have a pre-existing need for soup, the regular restaurants won't serve you, either.

All things considered, I'd prefer you just stop talking about problems that you don't know anything about.
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?

User Info: WhiskeyfuledDS1

WhiskeyfuledDS1
3 weeks ago#33
Jolteon posted...
That's why I said trying. And punishing for not partaking in the soup.

For not eating anything and then requiring lavishly expensive meals when they show up starving to death one day.

The pre existing need for soup was easily covered by going to the subsidized soup kitchen down the street called supicaid

I have to ask you again, where are you getting your information from? You obviously never lived in this town, and I question if you've even seen the inside of the restaurant.

That soup kitchen has strict rules for entry. If they think you make enough money to buy food elsewhere - even if every penny you make would have to go towards buying that food- they won't serve you. And if you make enough money that the soup kitchen won't serve you, but you have a pre-existing need for soup, the regular restaurants won't serve you, either.

All things considered, I'd prefer you just stop talking about problems that you don't know anything about.

Restrictions were so stringent on the soup kitchen because of rampant fraud. People essentially finding a loophole to qualify for free soup when they could easily afford to pay for their own. Perhaps the waitress should demonize those people and fight them instead of f***ing with my soup. Maybe I only want to eat when absolutely necessary and as long as I foot the bill that should be my right. Not to mention my soup got super expensive once this new soup was made mandatory
I'm aware it's misspelled.... goddammit
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. one thing about Pelosi being speaker not being mentioned...
  • Topic Archived