This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Congrats Repubs, Trump won again

User Info: Yo_D_oY

Yo_D_oY
1 week ago#1
All the news and talk is about Acosta and the doctored video. Nothing about the protests.

Trump played everyone again. Did anyone even think about how the Acosta video may have been used to divert attention from firing Sessions? Nobody on the right is gonna give a damn about Acosta. They will chalk up the protest as Dems being upset over losing the Senate since it doesn't seem that big of a deal. Most people won't even notice or care.
gamefaqs.gamespot.com
facebook.myspace.com

User Info: action52

action52
1 week ago#2
Gad damn you are right and I hate it.

Problem is that conservatives are really good at pretending to be mad over whatever bulls*** and they won't shut up about it. It's hard to ignore them sometimes.

It does do a good job of distracting from important things sometimes.

Still despicable that the White House put out a doctored video to fit their own narrative though.
i am truley sorry for your lots

User Info: Thebrah

Thebrah
1 week ago#3
Defending the news because it's news is stupid. Trusting the news for the sake of it just diverts your own attention.

That's why I'm okay with Trump's "dangerous rhetoric" (dubbed so by the news) against particular news channels. Attacking CNN isn't an attack on freedom of the press. Believing in freedom of the press doesn't mean the President shouldn't attack the news. The President using his voice to denounce the news media doesn't undermine our country whatsoever.

I just wanted to get this out in your thread. A lot of times, reading the news headlines will divert your attention from important matters. Like spending wisely, helping your neighbor, seeking a fairer country, and raising your children.

f*** Sessions, f*** Acosta, f*** Fox and f*** CNN
Most capitalists don't know that you can't become rich without doing the opposite of Jesus Christ's golden rule. Maybe that's why rich folk don't go to heaven.

User Info: Guide

Guide
1 week ago#4
A president lying about what is real and what is fake, and people believing that, is indeed harming our country.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]
https://youtu.be/Acn5IptKWQU

User Info: Spooking

Spooking
1 week ago#5
What protests?

EDIT: I just looked. There is so much happening in the news that the protests got pushed down near the bottom.
Prism Ranger (Red): Isn't it obvious? We don't have any friends!
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness

User Info: DnDer

DnDer
1 week ago#6
Thebrah posted...
Attacking CNN isn't an attack on freedom of the press. Believing in freedom of the press doesn't mean the President shouldn't attack the news. The President using his voice to denounce the news media doesn't undermine our country whatsoever.

Except, you know, when it does mean he shouldn't attack the news, and that "his voice" does actually undermine our country.
What has books ever teached us? -- Captain Afrohead
Subject-verb agreement. -- t3h 0n3

User Info: Thebrah

Thebrah
1 week ago#7
The President should always attack the news, all of it

Remember 'muckrakers' from the progressive era? Ah, those were the days
Most capitalists don't know that you can't become rich without doing the opposite of Jesus Christ's golden rule. Maybe that's why rich folk don't go to heaven.

User Info: Culturally_Lao

Culturally_Lao
1 week ago#8
Problem being, Acosta is going to stop being news while the protests still go on, and Acosta isn't in on this so I doubt it was intentional or even improvised.
I don't know what fact surprised me most: That the man had shot my cat, that I cared for that cat, or that I had a cat.

User Info: FunWithAFryPan

FunWithAFryPan
1 week ago#9
Maybe you should stop worrying about what the latest headlines are. Blame the media all you want, but they're catering to the likes of you.
He who strikes with meaning is killed by meaning.

User Info: Mike_24_7

Mike_24_7
1 week ago#10
Thebrah posted...
The President should always attack the news, all of it

Hahaha
Lazy devs & Lazy shills don't like me
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Congrats Repubs, Trump won again
  • Topic Archived