This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Keith Ellison's ex posts medical records alleging abuse

User Info: LightSnake

LightSnake
2 months ago#1
http://www.startribune.com/ellison-ex-girlfriend-posts-medical-record-alleging-abuse/493785421/

U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison’s former girlfriend Karen Monahan has posted a medical document on social media that shows she told a doctor in 2017 that she had been in an abusive relationship with Ellison.

Monahan, who said Ellison domestically abused her in 2016, shared the patient progress notes from Nov. 2017 on Twitter several times this week.

Ellison, who is running for Minnesota attorney general, has denied the allegation, which emerged in August. Monahan’s son first told the story on social media, and she later confirmed what her son said. During a fight, Ellison pulled on her legs and feet while she was lying on a bed, Monahan said.

“Here is one of my Dr visits stating the abuse that occurred. It amazes me the measures people have to take for their humanity to be validated. #metoo,” Monahan posted on Twitter on Tuesday.

As someone who once really liked Keith Ellison...Karen Monahan's story has held up after this and I believe her.
Ring the bells that still can ring/Forget your perfect offering/There is a crack in everything/That's how the light gets in."- RIP, Leonard Cohen

User Info: Thebrah

Thebrah
2 months ago#2
but republicans said democrats would support their abuser candidates no matter what

based on that logic, you must not be a democrat

where my republicans at. i need more excuses and twisting of reality to understand this thread
Most capitalists don't know that you can't become rich without doing the opposite of Jesus Christ's golden rule. Maybe that's why rich folk don't go to heaven.
(message deleted)
He needs to go, but boy it will be fun to see those who dismissed Ford talking to her therapist about Kavanaugh 6 years ago, suddenly being ok with Monahan's doctor visit occurring nearly a year after the incident.
In Brady We Trust.
I've finally realized the secret to making a successful Mearn topic. Make it about CZG - Mearn

LightSnake
2 months ago#5
Charismic Zach Gowen posted...
He needs to go, but boy it will be fun to see those who dismissed Ford talking to her therapist about Kavanaugh 6 years ago, suddenly being ok with Monahan's doctor visit occurring nearly a year after the incident.

Yyyep
Ring the bells that still can ring/Forget your perfect offering/There is a crack in everything/That's how the light gets in."- RIP, Leonard Cohen

User Info: MegatokyoEd

MegatokyoEd
2 months ago#6
I believed her at first but then her constantly changing story about the flash drive struck me as odd. If she has this though then he needs to go.
[NO BARKLEY NO PEACE]

User Info: LewsTheDragon

LewsTheDragon
2 months ago#7
MegatokyoEd posted...
I believed her at first but then her constantly changing story about the flash drive struck me as odd. If she has this though then he needs to go.

I wasn't aware she'd changed her story, just that she'd moved and couldn't remember.

Regardless, I believed her account initially, and believe it now. Ellison was a solid progressive voice, but tough s***. Suck less. He needs to go away.
Faith means not wanting to know what is true. Friedrich Nietzsche
I'm a polyatheist -- there are many gods I don't believe in.

LightSnake
2 months ago#8
Nominate a progressive who isn't a domestic abuser in his place. Ellison has nobody to blame but himself there.

User Info: Musourenka

Musourenka
2 months ago#9
I'm confident that the Democrats will ask him to step down.

As they should.

He needs to go.
Shooing away pigeons crapping on debate tables is not a violation of the pigeons' free speech.

User Info: AndreLeGeant

AndreLeGeant
2 months ago#10
What are the circumstances? Like is there an alleged pattern? A one off incident? Was she refusing to leave his house or something?

He should pull himself from contention regardless. It just colors my impression of the guy
"Not only is Andre way smarter than you, he's also way smarter than you think you are." - SaikyoStyle
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Keith Ellison's ex posts medical records alleging abuse
  • Topic Archived