This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Puerto Rico governor asks Trump to consider statehood

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Puerto Rico governor asks Trump to consider statehood

User Info: masher11

masher11
4 weeks ago#11
I would support this if between Utah and Wyoming are given an equal number of electoral votes = to Puerto rico and an additional rep each.

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
4 weeks ago#12
OMGWTFPIE posted...
What value does PR statehood bring to the US?

they are american citizens they should be givne statehood for that reason so ignorant morons finall leanr these people are american citizens
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

AceMos
4 weeks ago#13
masher11 posted...
I would support this if between Utah and Wyoming are given an equal number of electoral votes = to Puerto rico and an additional rep each.

wyoming does not need more power its a big empty parking lot state and yet its voters already have more power than california
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

masher11
4 weeks ago#14
AceMos posted...
masher11 posted...

wyoming does not need more power its a big empty parking lot state and yet its voters already have more power than california

you cant upset the political applecart in this way, by giving dems a bunch more easy EV and reps and sens.

User Info: wally

wally
4 weeks ago#15
masher11 posted...
AceMos posted...
masher11 posted...

you cant upset the political applecart in this way, by giving dems a bunch more easy EV and reps and sens.

"The system is ridiculously rigged in favor of the Republican Party, and it would be really unfair to try and change that by giving those brown people equal representation."
Home is behind, the world ahead. And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight

User Info: Mr_Big_Boss

Mr_Big_Boss
4 weeks ago#16
I think 50 states is enough, it's a nice round number. What they should do is place that territory under Florida control, so it's officially a part of a state.
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
Shenmue III

User Info: ClayGuida

ClayGuida
4 weeks ago#17
videospirit posted...
Sir_RaZZo posted...
Kradek posted...
I don't believe Trump would ever allow PR to join under him, though.

Course he wouldn't. The GOP knows damn well that PR statehood means 2 new Democratic Senators. Gonna call it right now, we'll finally see the big push for statehood in the next decade and the GOP will do everything they can to stop it.

Honestly, if they try to appeal to Trump's Ego I bet he'd support it. "Don't you want to make a name for yourself by being the latest president to Admit a state to the U.S."

The only reason it might not work is because they aren't white enough.

Yeah, this comes to mind instantly. Trump wants something to attribute his legacy to, and welcoming in a state would be that. That's why he wants his wall, or space force so much.
lolAmerica

User Info: hmnut7

hmnut7
4 weeks ago#18
Governor: Mr. President I think it is time for Puerto Rico to become a state.
Trump: I thought Puerto Rico was a state because I didn't want to help you during the hurricanes but people said I had to because Puerto Ricans are Americans.
Governor: No Mr. President, it's a US territory, so our citizens are part of the United States but it is not a State itself.
Trump: Just cut to the chase, how many Puerto Ricans voted for me in 2016.
Governor: Well... none, but that's because we're not....
Trump: GET THE HELL OUT!!!!!
Starfire: "They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?"
Robin: "Fight anyway!"

masher11
4 weeks ago#19
wally posted...
masher11 posted...
AceMos posted...
masher11 posted...

"The system is ridiculously rigged in favor of the Republican Party, and it would be really unfair to try and change that by giving those brown people equal representation."

if Puerto Ricans are brown, than I as half Italian am brown as well.

what are you talking about its rigged in democrats favor. CA and NY are far more messed up politically today than texas ever was under W.

point is if you want something you have to give up something of value.

AceMos
4 weeks ago#20
masher11 posted...
wally posted...
masher11 posted...
AceMos posted...
masher11 posted...

if Puerto Ricans are brown, than I as half Italian am brown as well.

what are you talking about its rigged in democrats favor. CA and NY are far more messed up politically today than texas ever was under W.

point is if you want something you have to give up something of value.

all votes should be equall but they are not the less populated red states have more say in the presidential election than the more populated blue states

you want to give even more power to the red states
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Puerto Rico governor asks Trump to consider statehood

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived