This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are your thoughts on Kapernick?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. What are your thoughts on Kapernick?

User Info: ClayGuida

ClayGuida
3 weeks ago#81
Kaepernick is a hero.
lolAmerica

User Info: BobGeorge

BobGeorge
3 weeks ago#82
Azalea9X posted...
Since the other topic was deleted we should have another one if the original TC is flagged by Gfaqs mods.

Is he a hero?
Is he a traitor?

Does he represent the first amendment?

Should the NFL have no business in politics?

I really don't care that Kaep decided to kneel. While I don't agree with his racially-themed message (since statistically when you factor in arrests, whites have a slightly higher chance of being killed by police than blacks) I have no issue with him kneeling since it's his 1A right to do so but I also have no issue from him not being able to be signed as a player. And I strongly feel the POTUS should stay out of this issue.

So I don't consider him a hero or a traitor but an idiot since he wore a Che Guevara shirt. I can only assume Kaep supports communism and that makes him a grade-A idiot.
"Our goal is to help strengthen Russia. When we look at the threats in the world today, we don't see a threat from Russia."
- Hillary Clinton 2010

User Info: coinstarcad

coinstarcad
3 weeks ago#83
Hayseed rubes are the majority and they see him as a traitor, so...

User Info: KingHova045

KingHova045
3 weeks ago#84
Kradek posted...
KingHova045 posted...
Bluebomber182 posted...
still wanna know why a afros such a big deal

An afro is not a big deal buddy. Stop looking at things at their base level. Going from the dude with skin fades, and Gucci slides, to black leather, and afros exactly when you start your protest is transparent af tho

ITP: Only poor black people can have afros.

Damn, at least you had the guts to admit you think his afro is just to play "the race card" and not perhaps because he finds them appealing and has the ability to grow one.

Nope, that's an utter misrepresentation of my words. That's not the point, you tried to make up your own to serve your narrative here. The point is look at exactly when Kap started rocking it, it coincides directly with the protest, as does his complete change of style. He wasn't acting and cosplaying a black panther before he got benched, and started kneeling.
Just be a good person. That's it. - UFC Woman's Straweight Champion Thug Rose Namajunas

User Info: DarkDragon386

DarkDragon386
3 weeks ago#85
FunWithAFryPan posted...

He wasn’t protesting because he himself was a victim of police brutality. He protested on behalf of other people. Obviously.

It’s weird to see people have such an outspoken opinion on an issue they know nothing about.

Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have.

User Info: Im_JustMe0129

Im_JustMe0129
3 weeks ago#86
Russian Rocket posted...
Im_JustMe0129 posted...
He's an overpaid athlete who should keep his political opinions to himself while on the clock, especially if said political opinions make him look like a ginormous hypocrite. He knows about oppression? Yeah I'm sure having more money than most people will ever see in a lifetime, living in a luxurious mansion, and having adoring fans is so oppressive.

His literal job is to have political opinions.

No his literal job is to knock a ball around.

User Info: IShall_Run_Amok

IShall_Run_Amok
3 weeks ago#87
I respect him for what he's doing, politically speaking, and am 100% on his side on the matter.
from the author of James Joyce Jr: The Animated Adventures

User Info: SSj4Wingzero

SSj4Wingzero
3 weeks ago#88
mrplainswalker posted...
HuskerFan2002 posted...
He may have his own political opinions but those political opinions ultimately are the reasons why he's not even in the NFL anymore.

Which you have to admit is stupid. He got fired because of a political position that didn't affect the actual games whatsoever. And it wasn't even an offensive statement. All he did was kneel. It's not like he was saying that Nazis are Very Fine People or something.

No he got fired because he's not a very good quarterback and having him on your team is more trouble than it's worth because of the damage it will do to your bottom line. Kaepernick is not a great player so he can't get away with whatever he wants - if he were an All-Pro QB that'd be another story but he's not, nor is he anywhere close

And Kaepernick did sing the praises of Fidel Castro and the great things he did

KingHova045 posted...

I think he's still good enough to be an NFL QB, and there's plenty of teams that could use him, the argument that he didn't make a team because he wasn't good enough is bulls***. It is his own fault that he caused too much of a locker room distraction tho.

I don't think so. Only bad teams lack QBs. If you're a bad team, what is the benefit of signing a player like Kaepernick and improving your record from 4-12 to 6-10? There is no benefit. Whatever extra revenue you might gain because your team wins more games is offset by the fact that some fans will give up their season tickets just because Kaepernick's on your team. Some owners (like the Giants' John Mara) have already mentioned how much fan feedback they got about Kaepernick (who, to my relief, never played for the Giants). Add in the fact that going 6-10 is worse for your long-term future because it gives you a lower draft position and it makes plenty of sense why nobody would want him.

As a backup QB then it's even worse because the moment your starting QB throws an interception, Shaun King will start calling your head coach a racist if he doesn't start Kaepernick the next game. Nobody wants to deal with that nonsense.

As for what I think? He ran the read-option to great success, then once teams figured out the read option he became obsolete as a QB. Kneeling during the anthem is within his rights as an individual, but so is an owner choosing not to hire somebody because he stages political protests at work and costs you money. But all in all, I was pretty "bleh, whatever" about the anthem stuff. Then came the socks depicting cops as pigs, the Fidel Castro shirt, him doubling down on the great things that Fidel Castro did, the twitter post directly comparing cops to fugitive slave catchers from the 1850's, and he started to become less "passionate activist" and more "high school kid going through a phase"
Not changing this sig until the Knicks win the NBA Championship! Started...4/23/2011? Or was it 2010?

User Info: tl0_olt

tl0_olt
3 weeks ago#89
His contract ran out and the entire nfl don't want a cancer on the team.

User Info: mybbqrules

mybbqrules
3 weeks ago#90
mrplainswalker posted...
HuskerFan2002 posted...
He may have his own political opinions but those political opinions ultimately are the reasons why he's not even in the NFL anymore.

Which you have to admit is stupid. He got fired because of a political position that didn't affect the actual games whatsoever. And it wasn't even an offensive statement. All he did was kneel. It's not like he was saying that Nazis are Very Fine People or something.

It doesn't have anything to do with how the game is played.

What it has everything to do with is the fact that he took a controversial political stance on the clock while wearing the uniform of and thus acting as an official representative of a multi-million dollar company. And he also did so on television in front of millions of viewers. Viewers who included any and all potential future employers in the line of work he was in.

HOW do people still not get why he was fired and why he hasn't been back? If I took a controversial political stance at work, like maybe wearing a "Repeal Roe v Wade" pin to my job, I'd be fired before the day was out. And if it got on social media, you can bet it would effect future employment as well.

Also, Kaep was benched for literal Blaine Gabbert. His QB career was screeching to a halt. His secrets were unlocked after his Super Bowl season, and he was no longer the player he was before.

Not to mention that he'd probably be in a Ravens uniform right now if it wasn't for his dumbass girlfriend. Apparently doing stupid s*** in the public eye is common ground for them.
This is my new sig. It sucks compared to my old one because apparently gfaqs mods have never seen cleavage before. GG.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. What are your thoughts on Kapernick?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived