This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Florida beaches deal with red tide on Gulf, feces in Miami

User Info: Bigpoppapump1

Bigpoppapump1
2 months ago#1
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/sns-bc-fl--florida-beaches-20180916-story.html

You can blame 'Red Tide' Rick (Gov) for ending septic tank inspections and cutting the Environmental Protection budgets.

I do not understand regular people being by opposed to environmental regulations. The corporations will cut costs everywhere they can. They don’t care if they ruin your water or land.

Trump ended EPA clean air regulations that were projected to save 4,500 lives each year.

I can only assume people are dumb enough to believe that "only weak liberals" can die from poisoned air and dirty water. Like voting for Agent Orange gives them some sort of superhuman biology.

The irony is that rural republican voters are going to suffer the most. Agriculture, mining, fracking and coal operations that produce the most amount of runoff and emissions aren’t industries found in blue districts.

Article doesn't mention once the most substantial contributor to the Red Tide problem in FL, sugar cane farms. Cental FL is covered in farms that use aggressive fertilizers that eventually drain into the Okeechobee, which then flows into the ocean. This fertilizer is what fuels the massive algae blooms that cause Red Tide.

Majority of these farms are owned by 7-8 families who are all huge donors to FL politicians (mostly GOP). This has led to a 30% cut in funding for the government organization incharge of regulating the practices of these farmers.

User Info: itcheyness

itcheyness
2 months ago#2
Why is your entire post in italics?
Green Bay Packers 1-0-1
Seattle Sounders 14-9-11 53pts

User Info: Humble_Novice

Humble_Novice
2 months ago#3
Why are beaches in red states so gross now?

User Info: Romaji

Romaji
2 months ago#4
Humble_Novice posted...
Why are beaches in red states so gross now?

Because they don't believe in science.
Generic Signature

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
2 months ago#5
Thanks Voldemort.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: axelfooley2k5

axelfooley2k5
2 months ago#6
https://media.giphy.com/media/lnbMY9Yb8zUU8/giphy.gif
If Jesus saves, well He'd better save Himself
From the gory glory seekers who use His name in death

User Info: Thebrah

Thebrah
2 months ago#7
If both voter bases would just agree to never vote for science deniers then we wouldn't have this problem. Republican voters f***ing up again.
and again. and again. and again.
Most capitalists don't know that you can't become rich without doing the opposite of Jesus Christ's golden rule. Maybe that's why rich folk don't go to heaven.

User Info: Jaghave

Jaghave
2 months ago#8
Thebrah posted...
If both voter bases would just agree to never vote for science deniers then we wouldn't have this problem. Republican voters f***ing up again.

Red tide happen in Florida before heavy populations and scientists already determine the red tide bloom start too far off shore to blame on human activity

So anyone blaming Red tide on human activity is the science denier
For those who say I'm a gimmick
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/261-politics/64183623 been going for 6 years strong

User Info: Covenant

Covenant
2 months ago#9
Thebrah posted...

They aren't science deniers if they just don't give a f*** about science because they're being paid off.

User Info: Atombender

Atombender
2 months ago#10
The main reason why Florida isn't a blue state is felon disenfranchisement.

Statistics (2016)

-10.43% of the Florida population is disenfranchised
-1,686,318 total Floridians are disenfranchised
-Florida has the most disenfranchised citizens in the United States
-Florida has the highest disenfranchisement rate in the United States
-23.3% of black voters in Florida can’t vote because of felony disenfranchisement
"Another visitor! Stay a while! Stay forever!"
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Florida beaches deal with red tide on Gulf, feces in Miami
  • Topic Archived