This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Florida beaches deal with red tide on Gulf, feces in Miami

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Florida beaches deal with red tide on Gulf, feces in Miami

User Info: Humble_Novice

Humble_Novice
4 weeks ago#21
yzman posted...
Jaghave posted...
dario1101 posted...
Atombender posted...
The main reason why Florida isn't a blue state is felon disenfranchisement.

Statistics (2016)

-10.43% of the Florida population is disenfranchised
-1,686,318 total Floridians are disenfranchised
-Florida has the most disenfranchised citizens in the United States
-Florida has the highest disenfranchisement rate in the United States
-23.3% of black voters in Florida can’t vote because of felony disenfranchisement

Yup. I hope our amendment in November passes to get those non violent felons their voting rights back.

Jaghave posted...
Thebrah posted...
If both voter bases would just agree to never vote for science deniers then we wouldn't have this problem. Republican voters f***ing up again.
and again. and again. and again.

Red tide happen in Florida before heavy populations and scientists already determine the red tide bloom start too far off shore to blame on human activity

So anyone blaming Red tide on human activity is the science denier

Oh bull f***ing s***. Please link me to a peer reviewed study in a legitimate journal that talks about the issue NOT being caused by human activity. Go on. I'll wait.

https://theconversation.com/what-is-causing-floridas-algae-crisis-5-questions-answered-101305

Natural cause

Um did you read your own article?

Your article literally says its caused by pollution.

Blooms occur where lakes, rivers or near-shore waters have high concentrations of nutrients – in particular, nitrogen and phosphorus. Some lakes and rivers have naturally high nutrient concentrations. However, in Lake Okeechobee and the St. Lucie and Caloosahatchee estuaries, man-made nutrient pollution from their watersheds is causing the blooms. Very high levels of nitrogen and phosphorus are washing into the water from agricultural lands, leaky septic systems and fertilizer runoff.

Careful now, Jaghave might claim that pollution is natural or something similarly absurd.

User Info: Jaghave

Jaghave
4 weeks ago#22
yzman posted...
Jaghave posted...
dario1101 posted...
Atombender posted...

Statistics (2016)

-23.3% of black voters in Florida can’t vote because of felony disenfranchisement

Yup. I hope our amendment in November passes to get those non violent felons their voting rights back.

Jaghave posted...
Thebrah posted...
If both voter bases would just agree to never vote for science deniers then we wouldn't have this problem. Republican voters f***ing up again.

Red tide happen in Florida before heavy populations and scientists already determine the red tide bloom start too far off shore to blame on human activity

Oh bull f***ing s***. Please link me to a peer reviewed study in a legitimate journal that talks about the issue NOT being caused by human activity. Go on. I'll wait.

https://theconversation.com/what-is-causing-floridas-algae-crisis-5-questions-answered-101305

Natural cause

Blooms occur where lakes, rivers or near-shore waters have high concentrations of nutrients – in particular, nitrogen and phosphorus. Some lakes and rivers have naturally high nutrient concentrations. However, in Lake Okeechobee and the St. Lucie and Caloosahatchee estuaries, man-made nutrient pollution from their watersheds is causing the blooms. Very high levels of nitrogen and phosphorus are washing into the water from agricultural lands, leaky septic systems and fertilizer runoff.

The bloom is natural the mermaid pollution might intensify it but that doeant change the fact that it a natural event
For those who say I'm a gimmick
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/261-politics/64183623 been going for 6 years strong

User Info: Thebrah

Thebrah
4 weeks ago#23
Jaghave posted...
fungus is natural

profound
Most capitalists don't know that you can't become rich without doing the opposite of Jesus Christ's golden rule. Maybe that's why rich folk don't go to heaven.

User Info: ClayGuida

ClayGuida
4 weeks ago#24
yzman posted...
Jaghave posted...
dario1101 posted...
Atombender posted...

Statistics (2016)

Jaghave posted...
Thebrah posted...

Natural cause

@Jaghave close your account bruh, your prime years are gone.
lolAmerica

Jaghave
4 weeks ago#25
ClayGuida posted...

My point was it a natural event which I have already prove

Btw

https://www.leisurepro.com/blog/ocean-news/3-devastating-red-tide-events-world-history/

1700 has first recorded red tide
But we have data showing it have occured for millions of years
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/261-politics/64183623 been going for 6 years strong

User Info: Heineken14

Heineken14
4 weeks ago#26
ClayGuida posted...
Jaghave close your account bruh, your prime years are gone.

Fake News™! Those are all naturally occurring pig farms!
Rage is a hell of an anesthetic.

User Info: Atombender

Atombender
4 weeks ago#27
Nitro378 posted...
Atombender posted...

Statistics (2016)

https://www.salon.com/2000/12/04/voter_file/

So basically Dubya was an illegitimate President. Awesome.
"Another visitor! Stay a while! Stay forever!"

User Info: yzman

yzman
4 weeks ago#28
Jaghave posted...
ClayGuida posted...

Btw

https://www.leisurepro.com/blog/ocean-news/3-devastating-red-tide-events-world-history/

The only thing you proved is that you can't read and expect no one to actually check your sources. Your link said the exact opposite of what you were saying.

Fail harder.
As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away

Jaghave
4 weeks ago#29
yzman posted...
Jaghave posted...
ClayGuida posted...

Btw

The only thing you proved is that you can't read and expect no one to actually check your sources. Your link said the exact opposite of what you were saying.

Fail harder.

.what what cause red tide before modern industrialization?

User Info: yzman

yzman
4 weeks ago#30
Jaghave posted...
ClayGuida posted...

Btw

FFS, is it possible for you to link to something that actually says what you pretend it says?

I won't even bother asking what you think your new links shows now because

1. It mentions events, but no causes so doesn't add anything to the conversation
2. It mentions nothing about this millions years ago you talk about.
3. Your first link already disproved you by saying they were caused by pollution. Now you are still trying to say they are natural, despite your own link contradicting you (even though you claimed it supported you)

I am starting to think you literally can't read.
As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Florida beaches deal with red tide on Gulf, feces in Miami

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived