This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We need punitive taxes

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. We need punitive taxes

User Info: TonyKojima

TonyKojima
4 weeks ago#1
Do you agree?
Though the XBOX 360 is good in theory, it's hardware limitations say otherwise - Hideo Kojima
PSN - Guncrazy56, Board leader of 261 Politics.

User Info: Thebrah

Thebrah
4 weeks ago#2
Yep. If the people are doing something that makes the rest of us poorer, we should tax it to discourage them from doing that and if they keep doing it, we can at least recuperate some of the loss from them being unproductive / bad / uncaring / unhelpful citizens through taxation.

So what kind of things make us poorer that are within Congress' power to regulate?
Alcohol, tobacco, high consumption of sugar, carbon pollution, and more.
Most capitalists don't know that you can't become rich without doing the opposite of Jesus Christ's golden rule. Maybe that's why rich folk don't go to heaven.

User Info: TonyKojima

TonyKojima
4 weeks ago#3
Bump
Though the XBOX 360 is good in theory, it's hardware limitations say otherwise - Hideo Kojima
PSN - Guncrazy56, Board leader of 261 Politics.

User Info: No2Wookie

No2Wookie
4 weeks ago#4
Thebrah posted...
Yep. If the people are doing something that makes the rest of us poorer, we should tax it to discourage them from doing that and if they keep doing it, we can at least recuperate some of the loss from them being unproductive / bad / uncaring / unhelpful citizens through taxation.

So what kind of things make us poorer that are within Congress' power to regulate?
Alcohol, tobacco, high consumption of sugar, carbon pollution, and more.

Don’t forget video games and tv. Could do something else being productive
We can rebuild No2Wookie.jpg, make it stronger.

User Info: boshafty

boshafty
4 weeks ago#5
Explain TC.
I don't like your opinion so I am going to ignore you and then tattle tale on you to the mods.
PSN boshafty1 https://psnprofiles.com/boshafty1

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
4 weeks ago#6
I disagree with the concept of sin taxes.

alcohol and smoking have proven detrimental effects to others, though (disintegration of family cohesion, secondhand smoke cancer, DUIs, etc), and thus merit additional cost. As would probably legalization of other substances.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

User Info: Nitro378

Nitro378
4 weeks ago#7
It's stupid to try and reform a broken system.
Why is it only called class war when we fight back? https://youtu.be/fUuK6JtP7xA
Number of 30-day suspensions for attacking Zionism: 3
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. We need punitive taxes

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived