This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Trump Dismisses Kim Jong Un's Atrocities: 'He's a Tough Guy'

User Info: Ambusher86

Ambusher86
7 months ago#51
Donald Trump when asked what surprised him about Kim Jong-un: “Really, he’s got a great personality. He’s a funny guy, he’s very smart, he’s a great negotiator. He loves his people, not that I’m surprised by that, but he loves his people. And I think that we have the start of an amazing deal."

https://www.voanews.com/a/trump-to-voa-we-re-going-to-denuke-north-korea-/4435044.html

Wow, Donald Trump makes Neville Chamberlain look like Winston Churchill.

User Info: Orange Clockwork

Orange Clockwork
7 months ago#52
Could be trying to use flattery to win him over, the very tactic that works on Trump. Of course he probably doesn't even recognize the irony.
If you build a man a fire, he is warm for the rest of the night.
If you set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.

User Info: Hyena 20

Hyena 20
7 months ago#53
mystic belmont posted...
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-dismisses-kim-jong-uns-atrocities-hes-a-tough-guy

In an interview with Fox News immediately after his summit with Kim Jong Un in Singapore, President Donald Trump appeared to dismiss North Korea’s human rights violations and Kim’s atrocities against his own people. “Hey, he’s a tough guy. When you take over a country—a tough country, tough people—and you take it over from your father, I don’t care who you are, what you are, how much of an advantage you have. If you can do that at 27 years old, I mean, that’s one in 10,000 that could do that. So he’s a very smart guy. He’s a great negotiator,” Trump told Fox News’ Bret Baier. When pressed further, Trump responded: “Yeah, but so have other people done some really bad things. I could go through a lot of nations where a lot of bad things were done.” Last year, the president made a similar argument when dismissing Russian President Vladimir Putin’s human rights violations. “What do you think, our country's so innocent?” he said at the time.

Why does Trump seem to provide so much cover to despots?

He seems to salivate over "toughness" and "power".

Also, don't forget Trump's dismissal of Putin's assassinations of Russian reporters critical of him:

"At least he's leading his country, unlike Obama. Plus, we kills lots of people, too."
Meet Captain Euro, the coolest superhero this side of Aquaman!~~Portal of Evil
[Disillusioned Independent]

Hyena 20
7 months ago#54
Observe.

SANGER: You’ve been very complimentary of Putin himself.
TRUMP: No! No, I haven’t.
SANGER: You said you respected his strength.
TRUMP: He’s been complimentary of me. I think Putin and I will get along very well.

My highly respected nominee for CIA Director, Gina Haspel, has come under fire because she was too tough on Terrorists. Think of that, in these very dangerous times, we have the most qualified person, a woman, who Democrats want OUT because she is too tough on terror.
(4:04 AM - 7 May 2018)

Our laws don’t allow waterboarding. They have no laws, no rules, no regulations. They chop of heads, they drown people in steel cages and we're working with different parameters. We have to be able to fight on equal footing or we will never knock out ISIS. (March 10, 2016 )

Why are we letting the three girls, who left the U.S. to join ISIS, back into the country? How stupid has our once respected country become! (4:40 AM - 22 Oct 2014) (note: the girls were 15yo runaways)

Part of the problem, and part of the reason it takes so long (to remove protesters), is nobody wants to hurt each other anymore, right, and (the security officers) being politically correct the way they take them out – so it takes a little bit longer and honestly protesters they realize it, they realize that there are no consequences to protesting anymore. There used to be consequences. There are none anymore.

If you look at North Korea – this guy, he’s like a maniac, OK? And you have to give him credit. How many young guys — he was like 26 or 25 when his father died — take over these tough generals, and all of a sudden,you know, it’s pretty amazing when you think of it. How does he do that? Even though it is a culture and it’s a cultural thing, he goes in, he takes over, and he’s the boss. It’s incredible. He wiped out the uncle. He wiped out this one, that one. I mean, this guy doesn’t play games. And we can’t play games with him. Because he really does have missiles and nukes.

We don't win at anything. We are going to beat ISIS. How about General George Patton? He couldn't be general anymore because he is too tough. He is not politically correct.

"When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it, then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength. Our country is right now perceived as weak … as being spit on by the rest of the world.”
The comment the moderator references comes from a 1990 interview with Playboy.
TRUMP: That doesn't mean I was endorsing that. I was not endorsing it. I said that is a strong, powerful government that put it down with strength. And then they kept down the riot. It was a horrible thing. It doesn't mean at all I was endorsing it.

User Info: SaikyoStyle

SaikyoStyle
7 months ago#55
Hyena 20 posted...
mystic belmont posted...
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-dismisses-kim-jong-uns-atrocities-hes-a-tough-guy

In an interview with Fox News immediately after his summit with Kim Jong Un in Singapore, President Donald Trump appeared to dismiss North Korea’s human rights violations and Kim’s atrocities against his own people. “Hey, he’s a tough guy. When you take over a country—a tough country, tough people—and you take it over from your father, I don’t care who you are, what you are, how much of an advantage you have. If you can do that at 27 years old, I mean, that’s one in 10,000 that could do that. So he’s a very smart guy. He’s a great negotiator,” Trump told Fox News’ Bret Baier. When pressed further, Trump responded: “Yeah, but so have other people done some really bad things. I could go through a lot of nations where a lot of bad things were done.” Last year, the president made a similar argument when dismissing Russian President Vladimir Putin’s human rights violations. “What do you think, our country's so innocent?” he said at the time.

Why does Trump seem to provide so much cover to despots?

He seems to salivate over "toughness" and "power".

Also, don't forget Trump's dismissal of Putin's assassinations of Russian reporters critical of him:

"At least he's leading his country, unlike Obama. Plus, we kills lots of people, too."

He salivates over those qualities because as a man, he possesses neither of them.
Orlando City/USA Soccer
Dukat/Madred 2020. Make Cardassia Great Again!

Hyena 20
7 months ago#56
DragulaRULEZ posted...
Have the Warmbiers made any remarks on The Don telling everyone how talented the dictator (that had their son beaten to death) is?

They simply said that they appreciated Trump saying that the talks would never have happened without Wambier's death and that he did not die in vain, but that neither it nor the summits will deter them from suing the government of North Korea for the wrongful death of their son.

User Info: IMadepooh4U

IMadepooh4U
7 months ago#57
I see TC is new to the negotiating game.
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.- George Orwell
Number of people on my ignore list = 0
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Trump Dismisses Kim Jong Un's Atrocities: 'He's a Tough Guy'
  • Topic Archived