This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trump Dismisses Kim Jong Un's Atrocities: 'He's a Tough Guy'

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Trump Dismisses Kim Jong Un's Atrocities: 'He's a Tough Guy'

User Info: Lillymon

Lillymon
2 months ago#41
GoodOlJr posted...
What's he supposed to say

"Look, I know about North Korea, I know about the atrocities and I know most people would rather not be in the same room as him! But this is the reality of international politics, you've got to talk to the world leaders no matter who they are to get great things done, and I really think for whatever faults he may have that this is a man we can work with."
"Imagine buying into the western media narrative that all of the North Korean people are suffering."
Dubman017

User Info: DragulaRULEZ

DragulaRULEZ
2 months ago#42
Have the Warmbiers made any remarks on The Don telling everyone how talented the dictator (that had their son beaten to death) is?
"I'm going to have to disagree with everything you say from now on. Go ahead, say babies shouldn't be skinned alive, see which side I'm on."

User Info: GoodOlJr

GoodOlJr
2 months ago#43
mrplainswalker posted...
GoodOlJr posted...

I mean, the reason every other US president has refused to legitimize them is because they have some of the most horrific human rights violations in the history of the world. So what was he supposed to say? How about something other than praising him for being one of the most evil people that ever lived?

The fat one is worse than his dad?

The past 30 years of president has worked for Haliburton or the podestas
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3475/3291766630_b434e97925.jpg
3DS: 1005-8921-6109

User Info: DragulaRULEZ

DragulaRULEZ
2 months ago#44
Anyone remember the time JFK had a press conference to tell everyone how handsome and funny Nikita Khrushchev was?
"I'm going to have to disagree with everything you say from now on. Go ahead, say babies shouldn't be skinned alive, see which side I'm on."

User Info: Genericgamer667

Genericgamer667
2 months ago#45
Trump is now nicer to Kim than to Treadeau
Switch FC: SW-0826-5923-7882 NNID: Seadrake
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666

User Info: AtmosOmega

AtmosOmega
2 months ago#46
A foolish statement on Trump's part, but what else is new?

I've pondered the rammifications of his meeting with Kim Jong-Un, and if it brings an end to greater foolishness, perhaps that's a bitter pill long overdue.

Before anyone launches into full troll/keyboard warrior mode, let me put that comment into context: Yes, the Kim family has lead North Korea from atrocity to atrocity and we've all broken out our index fingers and given them a firm condemnation for decades. Great. So we're all on the same page that what they've done is evil, yes?

But here's the rub. What did we actually do beyond that?
The only thing that springs to mind is economic sanctions...which did nothing but exacerbate the atrocities and make the living conditions for the average North Korean even more hellish than they already were.

So, in light of that, what was the alternative to appeasing the despot madman?
And I mean that as a serious open question; what would you have done in Trump's place and why?

My personal take in this matter is thus, and covered so as to not pre-emptively color responses. I'm not convinced this was the right move; in my experience, giving bullies what they want never works. However, I do hold out some faint hope that this meeting may be the ice-breaking that will eventually result in the end of NK's despot state, mainly through future cultural and economic exchanges. I hear from other sources that there are already black markets for all sorts of things, predominantly food but also western media. Long odds, I know, but I see the alternative outcome as being yet more atrocity leading towards eventual war.
If you don't like what a gaming company is trying to force upon you and the market, don't buy that company's games.
Cruel DRM can only flourish if you let it.

User Info: pnut027

pnut027
2 months ago#47
GoodOlJr posted...
mrplainswalker posted...
GoodOlJr posted...

I mean, the reason every other US president has refused to legitimize them is because they have some of the most horrific human rights violations in the history of the world. So what was he supposed to say? How about something other than praising him for being one of the most evil people that ever lived?

The past 30 years of president has worked for Haliburton or the podestas

Except Obama. He was a saint.
I hate Naruto fanfiction.

User Info: mrplainswalker

mrplainswalker
2 months ago#48
GoodOlJr posted...

I said "one of the most".
It's like punching a round bottom dummy. We all know it's futile, but occasionally it's fun.
- willythemailboy on the subject of stray orcas

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
2 months ago#49
"I think Rocket Man is a cool guy, eh kills Koreans and doesn't afraid of gulags."
i wanna walk out into the night
without it being running away

User Info: rockyoumonkeys

rockyoumonkeys
2 months ago#50
TheGrowlanser posted...
Kim will be monitoring everything Trump says and do. Trump must flatter him if he wants to make peace with him. Preventing a nuclear war is more important.

Well, Kim will be monitoring him. But he'll see that Trump is a cuck and he can walk all over him.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Trump Dismisses Kim Jong Un's Atrocities: 'He's a Tough Guy'

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived