This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. 18 y/o Black Kid with NO RECORD gets 5 YEARS in PRISON for Stealing NIKE SHOES!.

User Info: M0Foe

M0Foe
10 months ago#71
zhukov1943 posted...
lol, "these shoes is took."

model citizen when he's released i'm sure <~ <;
What can I do to help Nintendo?

User Info: SaikyoStyle

SaikyoStyle
10 months ago#72
That is the point of prison isn’t it ?~ ?
Orlando City/USA Soccer
Dukat/Madred 2020. Make Cardassia Great Again!

User Info: Saxon

Saxon
10 months ago#73
With a sentence of five years in prison, he'd be eligible for parole within 6-8 months and likely receive it having no prior record.

The tragedy is this sentence puts him the road to going back since it will remain on his record and effect the rest of his life.

User Info: bulbinking

bulbinking
10 months ago#74
Cassie_Cage posted...
JimmyReimjob posted...
Disproportionate punishment by a racist court system. Pretty typical, not sure how this is news.

It’s duckbear. He’ll sensationalize anything to get people to look at his threads.

If he were actually speaking his topics out loud, he’d be randomly screaming words since they were in all caps on the post.

PotD couldnt take it anymore.

Seeing him here reminds me that 261 is a containment board and I really REALLY shouldnt be wasting my time here.
Qc_Stryder 5/21/2015 6:58:09 AM posted... Mods- Protectors of feelings
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/261-politics/76648194 <Shill tactics listed!

User Info: Scorpion122178

Scorpion122178
10 months ago#75
Heineken14 posted...
Scorpion122178 posted...
Heineken14 posted...
In a better world, this dude wouldn't get 5 years and would instead be rehabbed... but we have for-profit prisons here and now this guy will almost certainly come out of his sentence a life long criminal going in and out of prison.

thats probably true. But prison isn't only about rehabilitation its also about punishment. He has to suffer some sort of punishment for a being a party to an armed robbery. Hopefully he gets his head out of his ass while he's in there, get parole for good behavior and decides to turn his life around after he gets out.

Let's be real here.... we both know this isn't going to happen. More than likely he's going to fall in with some prison gangs, not have s*** to do when he gets out, and goes back to crime because it's all he can do, only to get caught and end up back in prison because now he has a record.

And if he does that's on him and nobody else. He's still a person capable of rational thought and has free will. If even after this he learns nothing and continues to commit crimes then maybe he should spend the rest of his life in and out of prison.

Now I agree black people have a raw deal when it comes to the criminal justice system, and I fully support any black man convicted and sentenced for a non violent drug crime to be released and have the record expunged. But this isn't that. He went into a store with his buddy who he knew was armed and robbed the place. Over shoes.... Fair, next.
Currently playing: Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Total War: Warhammer, Halo 3, Metroid: Return of Samus
FC: 2638 - 1204 - 7548

User Info: SaikyoStyle

SaikyoStyle
10 months ago#76
A white kid would have gotten 30 days probation...
Orlando City/USA Soccer
Dukat/Madred 2020. Make Cardassia Great Again!

Scorpion122178
10 months ago#77
Saxon posted...
With a sentence of five years in prison, he'd be eligible for parole within 6-8 months and likely receive it having no prior record.

The tragedy is this sentence puts him the road to going back since it will remain on his record and effect the rest of his life.

well while we're being real, if he's talking in Ebonics there probably isn't much of a shot of him getting an office job in the first place.

He can still make good money in construction, metal working, etc.
Currently playing: Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Total War: Warhammer, Halo 3, Metroid: Return of Samus

Scorpion122178
10 months ago#78
SaikyoStyle posted...

for armed robbery? I don't think thats really fair to say. White collar crimes probably do need to have harsher punishments but when white people commit violent crimes they get the book thrown at them too.

User Info: M0Foe

M0Foe
10 months ago#79
SaikyoStyle posted...

dis post is took \^~ ^\
What can I do to help Nintendo?

User Info: Prismsblade

Prismsblade
10 months ago#80
Mitsukiba posted...
You can’t make the same mistake twice and not expect people to call you out in it.

I dont mind being called out on my mistakes, nor do I mind owning up to them, but aside from that I still stand by most of what I said. Feelings of empathy are meaningless at this point. If he wants to turn his life around in the far future it'll be up to his and his-self alone, but statically, the odds are arent all that high to say the least.
3DS FC:3368-5403-9633 Name: Kaizer
PSN: Blackkaizer
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. 18 y/o Black Kid with NO RECORD gets 5 YEARS in PRISON for Stealing NIKE SHOES!.
  • Topic Archived