This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. 18 y/o Black Kid with NO RECORD gets 5 YEARS in PRISON for Stealing NIKE SHOES!.

User Info: Full Throttle

Full Throttle
10 months ago#1
Do you think if Dayonn was a White Kid, he would have gotten a lenient sentence? - Results (135 votes)
Yes
51.85% (70 votes)
No
48.15% (65 votes)
This poll is now closed.
18 y/o Dayonn Davis from Georgia was given a HEFTY PRISON SENTENCE of 5 YEARS after he stole a $100 pair of shoes in an armed robbery even though he had NO CRIMINAL HISTORY and was FIFTEEN at the time!!

He was charged as an adult even though he was a minor at the time of when the crime was committed and he had no prior record and HE DIDN'T PULL OUT THE GUN but the friend he brought did!!

Prosecutor Sadhana Dailey said that he had contacted the owner of the Nike Oreos after seeing them on sale on Facebook and arranged a meeting at Columbus Park on Jan. 17, 2016.

Another male went with him to the meeting and when Davis tried on the shoes, he told him "These shoes is took" and another male pulled out a gun and everyone fled

The prosecutor said "This was an armed robbery. It's not a theft. There's a big difference between a theft and an armed robber. The teen victim was robbed at gunpoint"...

Dayonn initially said no one else was involved but then gave up his name but the seller of the shoes couldn't identify the person in a photo lineup as the gunman.

Thus, he was charged with the armed robbery and reached a deal with prosecutors to plead guilty to robbery by foorce that allowed him to av oid a 10 year sentence that comes with an armed robbery conviction. The prosecutor said "He got a break"

Defense Susan Hendersoon said that her client just wants to put the thing behind him and move on as he was extremely remorseful and he's got his life on track now.

But the judge, Bobby Peters, didn't care and said it made little difference in the eyes of the law. He said he would rather it be handled in juvenile court but said it was APPROPRIATE to charge him as an adult because of the seriousness

Because it was his first offense, he would likely be on parole at some point and hs record could be exppunged if he compltes probation

No one else has been charged as the one who actually pulled out the gun is still on the loose

That didn't stop the outrage however as activists said if Dayonn was White, he would have gotten a lenient sentence as judges rule on harsher sentences on black men because of their background and skin colour

Do you think this if this were a white kid he would have gotten a lenient sentence?

Dayonn - Prison

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/06/02/00/4CD3CF9300000578-0-image-a-2_1527895917942.jpg

The Nike Shoes he stole -

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/06/02/00/4CD3CF8800000578-0-image-m-7_1527896157701.jpg

Where the meeting took place -

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/06/02/01/4CD3D7C500000578-5797215-Davis_and_an_unidentified_friend_arranged_to_meet_a_shoe_seller_-a-7_1527898435099.jpg
call me mrduckbear, sweater monkeys. A GFAQS User Steps On A Bug, I'll Stop Posting for 24 HOURS. THIS ACCOUNT ONLY!!
I'm an Asian Liberal. RESIST The Alt-Right

User Info: Cassie_Cage

Cassie_Cage
10 months ago#2
Turn the f***ing caps lock off for a change.
Two hands working can, have, and will continue to accomplish more than a million clasped in prayer.

User Info: Tenlaar

Tenlaar
10 months ago#3
Armed robbery != stealing.

User Info: JimmyReimjob

JimmyReimjob
10 months ago#4
Disproportionate punishment by a racist court system. Pretty typical, not sure how this is news.
Follow me on twitter or visit: www.hardinthecorner.blogspot.com

User Info: Supsegar

Supsegar
10 months ago#5
Oh no, a black kid commit an armed robbery and he got 5 years

Its all the fault of those white supremacists!

Fun fact: if you dont break the law, you are much less likely to be prosecuted

User Info: Cassie_Cage

Cassie_Cage
10 months ago#6
JimmyReimjob posted...
Disproportionate punishment by a racist court system. Pretty typical, not sure how this is news.

It’s duckbear. He’ll sensationalize anything to get people to look at his threads.

If he were actually speaking his topics out loud, he’d be randomly screaming words since they were in all caps on the post.
Two hands working can, have, and will continue to accomplish more than a million clasped in prayer.

User Info: DAM 1

DAM 1
10 months ago#7
Dont do the crime if you cant do the time. Fair next get rekt
"They say M&M's melt in your mouth, not in your hand Ray. But guess what, we've been holding Skittles this whole ****ing time!" - Frank Semyon

User Info: TonyKojima

TonyKojima
10 months ago#8
This is what white privilege looks like.
Though the XBOX 360 is good in theory, it's hardware limitations say otherwise - Hideo Kojima
PSN - Guncrazy56, Board leader of 261 Politics.

User Info: Phantom_Nook

Phantom_Nook
10 months ago#9
If he was white, he'd have been sent to a camp in a desert where they force you to dig holes all day.
Posted with GameRaven 3.5.1

User Info: Colorgraphics

Colorgraphics
10 months ago#10
Phantom_Nook posted...
If he was white, he'd have been sent to a camp in a desert where they force you to dig holes all day.

Holes?
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. 18 y/o Black Kid with NO RECORD gets 5 YEARS in PRISON for Stealing NIKE SHOES!.
  • Topic Archived