This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

gun ownership should be a privilege, not a right

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. gun ownership should be a privilege, not a right

User Info: yars

yars
2 months ago#41
TonyKojima posted...
yurnxt posted...
You don't "need" to hunt with a semi automatic just like you don't "need" to hunt with a lever action, or bolt action, or pump action. People hunt with semi-auto rifles and shotguns literally all the time and its perfectly acceptable. The AR is a versatile, once size fits all rifle platform for hunting, self defense, leisure and or competition shooting sports though its not necessarily the best choice available for any of the above.

And its going to be banned at som point. And this time we will not be allowing a grandfather clause. When we ban them you will be forced to hand it in. Or face extensive prison time.

lol.
My whole life has been a miserable pig filled ordeal because of you.

User Info: yurnxt

yurnxt
2 months ago#42
TonyKojima posted...
yurnxt posted...
You don't "need" to hunt with a semi automatic just like you don't "need" to hunt with a lever action, or bolt action, or pump action. People hunt with semi-auto rifles and shotguns literally all the time and its perfectly acceptable. The AR is a versatile, once size fits all rifle platform for hunting, self defense, leisure and or competition shooting sports though its not necessarily the best choice available for any of the above.

And its going to be banned at som point. And this time we will not be allowing a grandfather clause. When we ban them you will be forced to hand it in. Or face extensive prison time.

When we ban them? Who is we?
~Aut viam inveniam aut faciam~

User Info: KendoRe2

KendoRe2
2 months ago#43
I have a right to life, and I have a right to protect my life. Cops wouldn't make it to my house in time, live too far out.

So I keep a shotgun at my house. Don't see a thing wrong with that. It's not like I take it out in public. Because some idiot went crazy should not take away a person's right to defend their home.

User Info: phobia881

phobia881
2 months ago#44
You don't need a gun to stop a gun unless you're a coward
http://www.last.fm/user/bobo9390

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
2 months ago#45
yars posted...
TonyKojima posted...
yurnxt posted...

lol.

Don't comment on gun control any more on this board until you can answer this:

DeadCellReborn posted...
The_Undying_84 posted...
yars posted...
that is the dumbest "logic" i've heard regarding the 2nd amendment. as long as the government leaves you a spoon to defend yourself with, it's not a violation!

If you have a well reasoned dividing line between what weapons should be legal and which illegal, let's hear it.

This needs a response @yars
bloop

User Info: KendoRe2

KendoRe2
2 months ago#46
phobia881 posted...

Elderly people might disagree. My grandmother is 79 and weak. But she can fire her 22 if need be.

phobia881
2 months ago#47
All drugs and guns should be legal. Neither kill people. People die from misusing them.

User Info: AP3Brain

AP3Brain
2 months ago#48
KendoRe2 posted...
I have a right to life, and I have a right to protect my life. Cops wouldn't make it to my house in time, live too far out.

So I keep a shotgun at my house. Don't see a thing wrong with that. It's not like I take it out in public. Because some idiot went crazy should not take away a person's right to defend their home.

While I doubt most people really need a gun to protect themselves would you at least admit that you don't need semi-automatic weapons to protect yourself?

phobia881
2 months ago#49
KendoRe2 posted...
phobia881 posted...

Elderly people might disagree. My grandmother is 79 and weak. But she can fire her 22 if need be.

I still think people who get shot only have themselves to blame

User Info: GTAVC5947

GTAVC5947
2 months ago#50
Cut/Paste from another topic, 1/2:

We already do regulate guns, quite heavily. There are 150 years worth of laws regulating them. The problem is that a lot of these laws were and are pursued by folks who have no earthly idea what the hell they're doing.

Here's one of most direct, to-the-point bits on the subject:

http://www.michaelzwilliamson.com/blog/index.php?itemid=445

Every time there's a mass shooting, there's a renewed cry to do something about guns. Why a mass shooting? Those deaths make up less than 2% of firearms deaths every year. Meanwhile, there are an estimated 1-4 million defensive gun uses every year. Thinking that guns are the problem is the first mistake. People want to outlaw AR-15s because they look scary or some nonsense, not because they have any actual understanding of how one works. (To educate yourself on the AR-15: http://tribunist.com/news/when-you-hear-someone-call-an-ar-15-an-assault-rifle-show-them-this/amp/).

Then, if someone brings up the notion that arming teachers might be a good idea, people froth at the mouth. As if we do not have conceal carry in a wide variety of places already...most of you with children probably walk by plenty of CCW holders on a regular basis, and don't give a 2nd thought. How are teachers any less capable than any other law-abiding citizen of receiving the necessary training to use a firearm and then carry a concealed one? They already do this in Utah, and the teacher does not have to let the school know, and the parent is prevented by law from asking. No school shootings in Utah, and only one accidental discharge (before school hours, in a bathroom, no one else around). Yet people seem to think guns in school means everybody dies.

If your child is in a classroom and a shooter walks in and starts spraying bullets, you're telling me that you're content to wait the 15+ minutes it takes for the cops to arrive to see if your child escapes unscathed, when a few armed teachers able to respond immediately could stop the carnage much sooner, and increase the chances of survival for your child and countless others? If that's truly how you feel, then I pity your children, as you obviously do not value their lives as a parent should.
Xbox Live Gamertag: GreyFox787, PSN ID: GrayFox787
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. gun ownership should be a privilege, not a right

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived