This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Schools Move To 4 Day Week So Teachers Can Work At Walmart To Make Rent

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Schools Move To 4 Day Week So Teachers Can Work At Walmart To Make Rent

User Info: zerooo0

zerooo0
6 days ago#1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1MUzcXRIxc

This is nuts. Teachers help give us an informed society. They should be paid more than enough for what they have to deal with to make more than justs what they need to get by. Four day work week if people can afford it then sure if the employees, state, government, etc people at play can make it work then I'm all for it. The obvious flaw here is they are doing it just so the teachers can work at Walmart to make rent.

Teachers should be paid drastically more in this country regardless of subject. They are in charge of providing kids (students) an education in the future for them to be able to pick a career the kids may want to do. It's laughable the pay for teachers across the country is a joke.

That situation the teachers have to deal with to work at Walmart is completely unacceptable. Teachers should flee Oklahoma if they're not going to pay them enough and work on at Walmart.
PRAISE THE SUN Young Justice Season 3 is HAPPENING!

User Info: tremain07

tremain07
6 days ago#2
Education is only for our wealthy masters and their spawn, us lowers are meant to serve them as they set fit until we die.

oh, don't mind me, I'm practicing my indoctrinated defense that we'll be spouting off in 10 years once the Trump administration completes it's dismantlement of public education in favor of prayer schools or no schooling at all.
I got nothing

User Info: Winsage

Winsage
6 days ago#3
That guy spent too much time talking about the teachers and not enough time talking about the kids only getting 4 days of school a week.

This is going to screw them over hard.
NNid: Windsage

User Info: young_flip

young_flip
6 days ago#4
zerooo0 posted...
It's laughable the pay for teachers across the country is a joke.

Is it? US is far below par internationally speaking.
rest in peace Chris Arnett, playersupreme.
you will be missed. love you man.

User Info: Sub Tank

Sub Tank
6 days ago#5
Maybe it's finally time to accept that teaching is a dying industry. Lets face it, you can basically get your whole education off YouTube now, plus kids will learn a lot about puberty from dollar shave club ads. Pretty soon teachers are going to be replaced by robots, which hopefully stops them from having sex with their students.
"...on a ps3 a realalistic looking megaman with a huge universe to explore rag dog physics." - Djmidnight1

User Info: Hulkasaurusrex

Hulkasaurusrex
6 days ago#6
Trump is not at fault for destroying the education system in america that has been happening for decades. Though mostly in red states.

User Info: Genericgamer667

Genericgamer667
6 days ago#7
f*** Fallin

she is a godawful governor who does nothing but make the gas industry rich while everyone else suffers

oh and now she wants to raise taxes after her disastorous cuts f***ed the state over

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/08/584064306/tax-cuts-put-oklahoma-in-a-bind-now-gov-fallin-wants-to-raise-taxes
Switch FC: SW-0826-5923-7882 NNID: Seadrake
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666

User Info: ChainsawFerret

ChainsawFerret
6 days ago#8
So another GOP experiment based on GOP ideology blew up in their face? Ask Pence how that worked out for him when he ran his state into the ground. And Brownbackista-sorry, Kansas, among others.

Can we now stop pretending Reaganomics works?
Fact: Ferrets attack more people than grizzly bears.

User Info: mercurydude

mercurydude
6 days ago#9
young_flip posted...
zerooo0 posted...
It's laughable the pay for teachers across the country is a joke.

Is it? US is far below par internationally speaking.

And we can thank people like you for that, for voting in those who announce they will declare war on our education system and then go on to make good on that promise.
The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little. -FDR

User Info: chaos knight

chaos knight
6 days ago#10
What is this, Oklah-

Nailed it before I clicked. Also, if tax cuts are the sole reason why so many businesses have raised wages across the country (as right wingers crow on about), why haven't states like Oklahoma and Kansas done the same years ago?
Seattle Seahawks
Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Schools Move To 4 Day Week So Teachers Can Work At Walmart To Make Rent

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived