The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gun control NEEDS to happen.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Gun control NEEDS to happen.

User Info: Dyinglegacy

Dyinglegacy
2 months ago#1
Yes, another topic. Sue me.

Anyway, I'm not one of those leftest nutjobs that thinks "ban all guns!", but... I mean, something has to give.

Restrict certain people from owning guns, and maybe have a more rigorous screening process, guards at schools. Something. Anything.

I live in Kentucky, but don't own a gun, and I Guarantee you if I wanted to go on a mass shooting spree, I could have it done by the end of the day.

I'm considering homeschooling my son, jeez.
PSN: KillingLegacy Gamertag: Killing Legacy

User Info: Knave

Knave
2 months ago#2
Restrict certain people from owning guns

Who?

and maybe have a more rigorous screening process

How?

I live in Kentucky, but don't own a gun, and I Guarantee you if I wanted to go on a mass shooting spree, I could have it done by the end of the day.

And..? If you wanted to attack people with a chainsaw, could you have it done by the end of the day? If you wanted to run over a bunch of people, could you have it done by the end of the day? If you wanted to burn down a preschool, could you have it done by the end of the day? If you wanted to use a machete to hijack a school bus full of children, could you have it done by the end of the day?
I never saw a brute I hated so; He must be wicked to deserve such pain.

User Info: JcOpIVY86

JcOpIVY86
2 months ago#3
I’m as bothered as you but you cannot be 100% safe ever.
I don’t know what the answer is, we’re just f***ing animals.
We’ve been killing each other for millennia and will continue to.
Sometimes it's what you don't do that makes you who you are.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/jckorn86/smallerbanner.jpg

User Info: SaikyoStyle

SaikyoStyle
2 months ago#4
Knave posted...

Who?

How?

And..? If you wanted to attack people with a chainsaw, could you have it done by the end of the day? If you wanted to run over a bunch of people, could you have it done by the end of the day? If you wanted to burn down a preschool, could you have it done by the end of the day? If you wanted to use a machete to hijack a school bus full of children, could you have it done by the end of the day?

In other words, thinking is hard so you won’t do it.
Orlando City/USA Soccer
Dukat/Madred 2020. Make Cardassia Great Again!

User Info: Devilanse333

Devilanse333
2 months ago#5
Knave posted...

Who?

How?

They never learn.
-Chainsaw: The inventor of this device was trying to cut down trees quicker, not people.
-Car: Invented to travel faster, not run over people.
-Matches, Fuel, etc.: Not envisioned as murder weapons.
-Machete: A tool to cut through thick vegetation, not envisioned as a murder weapon.

GUN: A tool invented to kill...period.
XBOX Live Gamertag: DevilAnse33v2
PSN: DevilAnse33

User Info: benjjjamin

benjjjamin
2 months ago#6
You're not going to get gun control until you eradicate the obstruction.
That means 60 democrats in the senate.
That means ending gerrymandering and instituting house reform.
And most of all that means a voting population with enough convictions and firmament who doesn't flip from side to side buying lies of the party on defense while the other is trying to govern.

Get 60 in the senate. Get more than half the house. Get a democratic president. And get "independents" and "moderates" to stop going roost to roost based on a whim. You have to make legislators confident that they can do what's right and not get punished by a retaliation. You don't have that right now.

When you get all of that, then you can move. Then you will get your gun control, and there won't be any desperate please for something that isn't going to happen.

That goes the same for ending trickle down, doing campaign finance reform, gun control, eliminating the state war on abortion, healthcare reform, immigration reform...eveything.

Stop trying to run the sink with a clog in it. Remove the clog.
Language warning:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/

User Info: Dyinglegacy

Dyinglegacy
2 months ago#7
Knave posted...

Who?

Don't know.

Knave posted...

How?

Don't know.

Knave posted...

Where to begin with this silliness. I ALMOST don't even know how to respond.

Let's see. A gun fires lethal projectiles, and it's easily concealed. You could see and hear a chainsaw coming, and probably get away from the person. A vehicle is limited to where you could run people over. Where I live, there's not exactly crowds of people on sidewalks. Burning down a preschool? I guess you could do that, but where would you start? If you're using gasoline, people might notice you poring it all over the place. Is there a kitchen with a gas stove that you could leave on for a while? Machete on a bus? I guess there is a first for everything.

The point is: Gun has ease of use, mobility, you can carry it on your person, broad spectrum relevance, efficiency... There's a multitude of reasons why it's an object of choice for people who decide to go on a killing spree.
PSN: KillingLegacy Gamertag: Killing Legacy

User Info: PraetorXyn

PraetorXyn
2 months ago#8
Waste your energy on something that has a snowballs chance in hell of happening in this country. Like actually confiscating the illegal guns.
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png

User Info: Dark_Spiret

Dark_Spiret
2 months ago#9
wont happen. better to focus on other means to solve it.
Currently playing: Forza Horizon 3 - Dead Rising - Hitman

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#10
I'm for banning bump stocks, however you can still 3D print your own though.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Gun control NEEDS to happen.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived