This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

state immigration is exploitation of poorer countries.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. state immigration is exploitation of poorer countries.

User Info: DeathMagnetic80

DeathMagnetic80
6 months ago#71
I don't. If they wanna move here, fine. If they don't, also fine.

User Info: hak145

hak145
6 months ago#72
so basically encouraging foreign talent to come to the US is exploitation of those countries? this is what bond was thinking when he was making this topic.

"I don't like democrats. They are evil thus they must be exploiting people. How can I prove this? I know, i'll just use some mental gymnastics and using backwards logic argue that wanting people to come to the US is in fact exploiting other countries. I hate immigrants so this is perfect."
Gamertag XL: CRAZYjump, PSN: CRAZIERjump
Winner: Dark Souls.....2, Honorable Mentions: Fallout 3, Gears of War, Left 4 Dead, Dead Space, Bioshock

User Info: zeppelin4ever42

zeppelin4ever42
6 months ago#73
Anyone have the video of the guy tumbling down a hill
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me

User Info: Bond_543

Bond_543
6 months ago#74
RoyalDroneX posted...
Bond_543 posted...
the best and brightest workers and academics are benefits to a country, just as natural resources are. i see no difference from a state govt exploiting a poorer countries resources, and a state govt subsidizing a poorer countries best workers and thinkers to come to the 1st world. thereby helping out first world countries, rather than staying and helping out the poorer countries that need those thinkers and workers.

So I ask so called fake "lefties". why do you feel the need to strip a poorer country of its best workers and thinkers in the selfish attempt at bettering first world countries?

isn't this a funny question for a proponent of Anarco-Capitalism? I mean, your believe is heavy on free-will of the individual (intellectual or not) to do what they want. So why are you accusing the left of stripping countries when it's the free will of the individual to come here?

Did the left*** put a gun at their heads and told them "Give us your intellectual?"

so tell me, why are you against someone's free will to choose where to live if it helps improve their chances?

its not the free will of an individual to come here. its all regulated and controlled and subsidized via the state. thats what state immigration is.
Social Democracy: Bribing with "free" stuff in exchange for votes
Truth of the progressive era: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62rI8OYFzGg

User Info: Musourenka

Musourenka
6 months ago#75
So if state immigration is the problem, what is the solution to it?
Shooing away pigeons crapping on debate tables is not a violation of the pigeons' free speech.

User Info: 1Y2i3m0d

1Y2i3m0d
6 months ago#76
Musourenka posted...
So if state immigration is the problem, what is the solution to it?

Stop doing it.

In the most recent case of encouraging refugees to flee their homeland and come to the West for free welfare, we took away millions of military-aged males who were in the best position to help fight the very war we've been trying to win for years now.

Stay and fight the common enemy who's destroying your country, or flee and let someone else do it! Ya'll should let someone else do it!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHNzgNBiSK0
<3 of the Balkans

User Info: Musourenka

Musourenka
6 months ago#77
To me, blocking immigration entirely is against the principles of the US.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."

That sort of stuff.
Shooing away pigeons crapping on debate tables is not a violation of the pigeons' free speech.

User Info: R_Nelly

R_Nelly
6 months ago#78
Bond_543 posted...
Scorpion122178 posted...
you know its funny, despite your and TC's intent you've completely destroyed Trump in this topic. He's the one who only wants the "best and brightest" we "leftists" embrace "poor tired huddled masses"

oh so you admit they wont really help our country? but be a burden on our social programs? do you understand the dilemma you "leftists" place yourselves in, in its either you are stealing the good people from countries, or you are taking in their less productive people? you really cant win with any argument for immigration. b/c its illogical. and based on feels.

Even if we're accepting people who might not immediately be making a net positive contribution to society, it doesn't mean these people won't benefit America in the long run. A lot of unskilled labor is performed by immigrants, if nothing else these people are keeping prices reasonable for necessities like produce.

There's also the fact that America is not poaching talent and skilled workers from other countries at gunpoint. There's no dilemma when it's a free choice being made by individuals -- the United States is just holding the door open. The dilemma is actually yours, you want to praise an almighty free-market but when it comes to immigration that's apparently something the government should have full control over, the market is global and so is the workforce. Stifling immigration only serves to further reduce the ability of a business to profit by creating unnecessary restrictions on immigration status.

User Info: Bond_543

Bond_543
6 months ago#79
R_Nelly posted...
Even if we're accepting people who might not immediately be making a net positive contribution to society, it doesn't mean these people won't benefit America in the long run. A lot of unskilled labor is performed by immigrants, if nothing else these people are keeping prices reasonable for necessities like produce.

Chinese workers do the same, but in their own country. so your example makes no sense.

R_Nelly posted...
There's also the fact that America is not poaching talent and skilled workers from other countries at gunpoint. There's no dilemma when it's a free choice being made by individuals -- the United States is just holding the door open. The dilemma is actually yours, you want to praise an almighty free-market but when it comes to immigration that's apparently something the government should have full control over, the market is global and so is the workforce. Stifling immigration only serves to further reduce the ability of a business to profit by creating unnecessary restrictions on immigration status.

subsidizing immigration is done at gun point. taking money to subsidize something is done via gunpoint.
Social Democracy: Bribing with "free" stuff in exchange for votes
Truth of the progressive era: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62rI8OYFzGg

User Info: hoax123

hoax123
5 months ago#80
Have you bought a jetpack yet, or do you still use public roads, Bond?
Lock her up!
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. state immigration is exploitation of poorer countries.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived