This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Was ISIS the first enemy that both the US and Russia were attacking

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Was ISIS the first enemy that both the US and Russia were attacking

User Info: Atralis

Atralis
6 months ago#1
Since WW2?

I found this weird throughout the entire conflict. We were still rivals with immense tensions between us but in some cases we were bombing the same cities in this conflict at the exact same time. We would criticize the Russians for carpet bombing a spot one week they would levy the same criticism at us later on.

If anything it speaks to the insanity of ISIS starting a war with the entire world at once and then being surprised when the sky falls on them.

User Info: DK DeathKnight

DK DeathKnight
6 months ago#2
I think the Bosnian War was when the US and Russia first got along since.
PSN: CrowsZero_
Playing: League of Legends, Tokiden: Kiwami, Bloodborne.

User Info: YellowSUV

YellowSUV
6 months ago#3
The US and Russia weren't physically fighting anyone, but during the Suez Canal Crisis the Soviet Union and the USA both told Britain, France, and Israel to f*** off.
We all live in a Yellow SUV! a Yellow SUV!

User Info: Atralis

Atralis
6 months ago#4
DK DeathKnight posted...
I think the Bosnian War was when the US and Russia first got along since.

Didn't the Russians support the Serbians in that conflict? The Balkan wars happened at a time when Russia was at its weakest after the fall of the Soviet Union so they didn't play a large role but they supported the a side other than the US.

The Balkan wars were a s*** show though at that stage between the Croats, Serbs, and Bosnians (Catholics, Orthodox, Muslims) and there really wasn't a good guy side for anyone to support whole heartedly though (correct me if I'm wrong) the US ended up supporting the Croats (Catholics) and the Bosnians (Muslims) against the Serbians (Orthodox) even as Croat elements were still fighting Bosnian Muslims in some areas
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Was ISIS the first enemy that both the US and Russia were attacking

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived