This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"dems care more about protecting illegals than funding the military"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. "dems care more about protecting illegals than funding the military"

User Info: hoax123

hoax123
4 months ago#71
slaity posted...
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/immigration/2018/01/16/here-details-latest-bipartisan-daca-deal-protect-dreamers/1038864001/

Bipartisan Senate negotiators have come to terms on a deal to protect "dreamers," as young immigrants brought to the U.S. illegally as children are known. But the White House is not on board with the plan.

The senators, including Arizona Republican Jeff Flake, are trying to sell a proposal to their colleagues —and President Donald Trump — that would provide $18 billion in border-security enhancements over the next decade, including an immediate $1.6 billion down payment on Trump's border wall.

In exchange, dreamers would be granted permanent legal status.

The chances of an immigration bill passing this week appeared to slip away, however, after Trump rejected an earlier version last week and ignited an international firestorm by reportedly using vulgar language to question why, under the proposal, the U.S. would continue to accept immigrants from Haiti and African countries.

Its not the worst deal, will the Turtle allow a vote on this?
Lock her up!

User Info: tl0_olt

tl0_olt
4 months ago#72
The bipartisan DACA will likely pass 49 dems 3 rinos but it wont get past the house.
Guess only that applies if it was under reconciliation.
The bipartisan deal won't get 60 votes in the senate.

hoax123
4 months ago#73
tl0_olt posted...
It will likely pass 49 dems 3 rinos but it wont get past the house.

The budget deal needs 60 votes, right? So that wouldnt be enough either.
Lock her up!

User Info: slaity

slaity
4 months ago#74
hoax123 posted...
slaity posted...
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/immigration/2018/01/16/here-details-latest-bipartisan-daca-deal-protect-dreamers/1038864001/

Bipartisan Senate negotiators have come to terms on a deal to protect "dreamers," as young immigrants brought to the U.S. illegally as children are known. But the White House is not on board with the plan.

The senators, including Arizona Republican Jeff Flake, are trying to sell a proposal to their colleagues —and President Donald Trump — that would provide $18 billion in border-security enhancements over the next decade, including an immediate $1.6 billion down payment on Trump's border wall.

The chances of an immigration bill passing this week appeared to slip away, however, after Trump rejected an earlier version last week and ignited an international firestorm by reportedly using vulgar language to question why, under the proposal, the U.S. would continue to accept immigrants from Haiti and African countries.

as usual Trump broke it
if I'm always right I learn nothing, if I'm wrong twice I learn 2 things

hoax123
4 months ago#75
slaity posted...
hoax123 posted...
slaity posted...

as usual Trump broke it

Is he dumb? He gets some money for his wall/fencing thing, is he simply mad he cant have it all?
Lock her up!

User Info: slaity

slaity
4 months ago#76
hoax123 posted...
slaity posted...
hoax123 posted...
slaity posted...

as usual Trump broke it

Is he dumb? He gets some money for his wall/fencing thing, is he simply mad he cant have it all?

well that's trump lol

and imo I stop blaming republicans/democrats for the shutdown bc it caused by trump
if I'm always right I learn nothing, if I'm wrong twice I learn 2 things

User Info: Ellesarien

Ellesarien
4 months ago#77
hoax123 posted...
slaity posted...
hoax123 posted...
slaity posted...

as usual Trump broke it

I seriously think the Kelly interview where he said Trump was a bit uniformed and his view has changed on the wall triggered the sad f*** to get back to his full 20 ft concrete wall idiocy.
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.

User Info: Ellesarien

Ellesarien
4 months ago#78
Ellesarien posted...
NeotheLight posted...
Dems just don't want the current batch in the US protected,

Sure do...How do you say we fight and solve White Men gunning down innocents in our country?

Well Neo? I thought you wanted to discuss how to keep citizens in the US safe?

Just virtue signalling eh?

Shocker....
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. "dems care more about protecting illegals than funding the military"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived