This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FACT: Trump supporters defend Trump BECAUSE he's racist (and sexist)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. FACT: Trump supporters defend Trump BECAUSE he's racist (and sexist)

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
7 months ago#1
I think most smart people have known this for years, but it really needs to be front and center of any criticism of Trump and any argument with his supporters.

Non-Trumpists and ESPECIALLY THE MEDIA really need to stop acting like every outrageous obviously racist or sexist thing Trump says will finally make his supporters realize that Trump is a joke and immediately abandon him. Every time they do this, they get all shocked as Trump supporters double down and memepost about "fake news" and "54-D cribbage" and defend everything he does as "not sexist" and "not racist."

It's just not going to happen. The GOP has been objectively racist and sexist for years, and they finally have a candidate who doesn't hide it. Republican voters are just not going to quickly turn on Trump so long as he keeps saying and doing racist/sexist things.

We just need to stop letting conservatives get away with acting like saying "Trump isn't racist/sexist" is a magic rebuttal that silences all criticism of Trump. Trump's continued birtherism and comments about Haitians having AIDS and Nigerians living in huts are objective racism. His numerous documented instances of talking about women like crap are objective sexism.

Get conservatives to admit that they like Trump because he's racist and sexist, instead of letting them muddy the debate and get everyone to pretend that conservatives are just putting up with his racism and sexism because they like his (imaginary) economic plans or the way he annoys liberals.
i wanna walk out into the night
without it being running away

User Info: battourye

battourye
7 months ago#2
I prefer to use the phrase "tells it like it is without any filter"
Fools think there are good and bad guys in intl. relations.-Terran
Currently Listening To: Ondore's Lies

User Info: EPR-radar

EPR-radar
7 months ago#3
sfcalimari posted...
Get conservatives to admit that they like Trump because he's racist and sexist, instead of letting them muddy the debate and get everyone to pretend that conservatives are just putting up with his racism and sexism because they like his (imaginary) economic plans or the way he annoys liberals.

That's precisely like trying to get young earth creationists to abandon their lies that empirical evidence suggests a young earth.

It's the obvious way forward, but the liars are too invested in their lies for this to ever happen, except in very rare cases of cult deprogramming.

User Info: Von23

Von23
7 months ago#4
ITT:

A person who dislikes Trump, tries to tell us why people like Trump.

In a negative sense of course.
"Decorating your own meltdowns is all well and good,but a trainwreck is a trainwreck and it might be time to get a paramedic."

User Info: Clutch

Clutch
7 months ago#5
Von23 posted...
ITT:

A person who dislikes Trump, tries to tell us why people like Trump.

In a negative sense of course.

Just wait until he starts posting the same memes that he’s been posting over the last year. Then you’ll really be impressed.
"The historian looks backward; eventually he also believes backward" - F.N.

User Info: StrykeBlayde

StrykeBlayde
7 months ago#6
Every racist person I've personally met do in fact like Trump because he's racist and/or sexist, yes. If they weren't bashing Hillary for being a woman, they were bashing Obama for being an 'n-word'. In fact, only one person who supports Trump that I've talked to IRL mentioned ANYTHING about him being a businessman.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/4049871/
SF Stat Analysis No one likes stats

User Info: dermoratraken

dermoratraken
7 months ago#7
It's topics like this that remind me how enjoyable it was to see trump triumph over clinton. Every time i think about how not worth it his victory was, liberal tears bring me back.

User Info: young_flip

young_flip
7 months ago#8
sfcalimari posted...
I think most smart people have known this for years, but it really needs to be front and center of any criticism of Trump and any argument with his supporters.

Non-Trumpists and ESPECIALLY THE MEDIA really need to stop acting like every outrageous obviously racist or sexist thing Trump says will finally make his supporters realize that Trump is a joke and immediately abandon him. Every time they do this, they get all shocked as Trump supporters double down and memepost about "fake news" and "54-D cribbage" and defend everything he does as "not sexist" and "not racist."

It's just not going to happen. The GOP has been objectively racist and sexist for years, and they finally have a candidate who doesn't hide it. Republican voters are just not going to quickly turn on Trump so long as he keeps saying and doing racist/sexist things.

We just need to stop letting conservatives get away with acting like saying "Trump isn't racist/sexist" is a magic rebuttal that silences all criticism of Trump. Trump's continued birtherism and comments about Haitians having AIDS and Nigerians living in huts are objective racism. His numerous documented instances of talking about women like crap are objective sexism.

https://www.vox.com/2016/4/21/11451378/smug-american-liberalism
rest in peace Chris Arnett, playersupreme.
you will be missed. love you man.

User Info: LeftyGreenMario

LeftyGreenMario
7 months ago#9
battourye posted...
I prefer to use the phrase "tells it like it is without any filter"

that reason that "he tells how it is" is still, IMO, utter bulls*** and it's not considered a "good" trait when you end up bullying and demeaning people, not thinking really about the consequences of your words.

the man's a pathological liar
If there is a game Mario is playable in, I main him.
R.I.P. King Koopa. REMEMBER, OOGTAR IS RAT GOO SPELLED BACKWARD!

User Info: HiddenLurker

HiddenLurker
7 months ago#10
FACT: Starting with FACT does not actually make it a fact.
[Insert tired meme here]
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. FACT: Trump supporters defend Trump BECAUSE he's racist (and sexist)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived