This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

first poll: 58% disagree with Trump's "s***hole" comments

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. first poll: 58% disagree with Trump's "s***hole" comments

User Info: Genericgamer667

Genericgamer667
6 months ago#1
https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/5a5e72581f00009a00db9096.png?ops=scalefit_720_noupscale

53-33 see it as racist
Switch FC: SW-0826-5923-7882 NNID: Seadrake
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666

User Info: lilORANG

lilORANG
6 months ago#2
Hey, not bad america. Honestly more than I expected.
#FeelTheBern
http://i.imgur.com/q5z4CUu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6B9oFXh.jpg http://i.imgur.com/sy42Dlf.jpg

User Info: Sir_RaZZo

Sir_RaZZo
6 months ago#3
42% of his voters hadn't even heard about the story. Shocking! Moron voters still have their heads stuck up their own asses!
It will rain soon. Blood will fall like rain...-Karel
Member of The Phoenix Force

Genericgamer667
6 months ago#4
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/s***hole-countries-racist-polling_us_5a5e6c49e4b096ecfca85c6e?ncid=engmodushpmg00000004

Nearly 60 percent of Americans disagree with President Donald Trump’s reported comment about immigration from “s***hole countries,” a new HuffPost/YouGov survey finds, with most considering the statement to be racist.

Just over half of those polled last Thursday and Friday said they’d heard about the comment. Attention was concentrated among the president’s opponents, with more than 70 percent of Clinton voters, but just over half of Trump voters and less than 40 percent of nonvoters and third-party voters saying they were familiar with the remark.

Just over one-quarter of Americans said they agreed with the comment, while 58 percent said they disagreed. By a roughly 2-to-1 margin, 53 percent to 26 percent, Americans said it was racist to call African countries and Haiti “s***hole countries.”

The survey question read, “According to a recent news report, President Trump asked ‘Why are we having all these people from s***hole countries come here?’, referring to immigration from African countries and Haiti.”

The survey began the evening The Washington Post first reported on the remark, at which time the Trump administration had issued a statement that did not deny the president had made the comment. Since then, there’s been extensive back-and-forth from the White House and other meeting attendees about what, exactly, the president said, which remains in dispute.

Trump allies and others familiar with the meeting have argued, at varying times, that the president said nothing of the sort, that he actually said “s***house,” that he used the word “s***hole” to describe African countries but not Haiti, and that Trump did make the “s***hole countries” comment as reported, but that the comment was acceptable.

After the story first broke, some White House staffers reportedly predicted the remark would resonate with Trump’s base, much like his earlier attacks on NFL players. But Trump voters, who enthusiastically agreed when he slammed the football protests, were somewhat less supportive of the alleged “s***hole countries” remark: Sixty-two percent agreed with the statement, but only about one-third did so strongly, and 23 percent disagreed. Just 11 percent, however, considered it racist.

A near-universal 94 percent of Clinton voters disagreed with the statement, most of them citing strong disagreement, and 92 percent said they considered it racist. A slight majority of nonvoters and third-party voters said they disagreed with the statement, and about the same amount said they believed it was racist.

A broad majority of Americans, regardless of whom they voted for in the last election, still believe that the U.S. is a nation of immigrants, and just over half said that immigration is, on the whole, a good thing for the country. But while 84 percent of Clinton voters said that immigration is, on the whole, a good thing for the country, and just 4 percent said it’s a bad thing, Trump voters said 40 percent to 34 percent that immigration is a bad thing for the U.S. (The rest said it’s neither good nor bad, or that they were unsure.)

A closer look at opinions on different groups of immigrants to the U.S. shows little public concern over an influx of people from some of the countries Trump reportedly maligned, although Trump voters were roughly twice as likely to say Africa sends too many immigrants than to say the same about Europe.
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666

User Info: art_of_the_kill

art_of_the_kill
6 months ago#5
Sir_RaZZo posted...
42% of his voters hadn't even heard about the story. Shocking! Moron voters still have their heads stuck up their own asses!

I'm guessing that's because Fox News has barely covered it?
Assassin's Creed (yes, the first one) is one of my favorite games from Gen 7.

Genericgamer667
6 months ago#6
art_of_the_kill posted...
Sir_RaZZo posted...

I'm guessing that's because Fox News has barely covered it?

pretty much
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. first poll: 58% disagree with Trump's "s***hole" comments

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived