This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do Trump supporters get so upset when Trump is rightly labeled as a racist?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Why do Trump supporters get so upset when Trump is rightly labeled as a racist?

User Info: Clandestiny8

Clandestiny8
1 month ago#141
Because, obviously they feel he is not a racist. I disagree with Trump plenty, and believe he's made some really stupid mistakes, but I don't have enough evidence to suggest he's a racist (or at least my definition of a racist).

User Info: carljenk

carljenk
1 month ago#142
Clandestiny8 posted...
Because, obviously they feel he is not a racist. I disagree with Trump plenty, and believe he's made some really stupid mistakes, but I don't have enough evidence to suggest he's a racist (or at least my definition of a racist).

Well your definition is wrong then. This isn't a subjective thing and plenty of evidence has been shown. Your opinion here is frankly irrelevant.
Sorry if my posts make you feel emotional. It is not my intent.
Make America Nazi-Free Again. #NoMoreNazis #Wolf2

User Info: Red XlV

Red XlV
1 month ago#143
Clandestiny8 posted...

There's nothing subtle or ambiguous about Trump's racism. He's blatant about it. He's been known to be a massive racist ever since he first entered the public eye in the early 1970s.
A bad enough dude to save the President.
"We chose more government instead of more freedom." - Marco Rubio (R-Florida) on the Bush administration

User Info: Villain_S_Fiend

Villain_S_Fiend
1 month ago#144
1) they've set a ridiculously high bar for what counts as racist.

Examples:

Making it harder for minorities to vote doesn't count because they see a way for minorities to get around it, however difficult it may be.

"I'm not racist. I got no problem with black people. But there are black people, and then there are n*****s." Framing it as minorities being responsible for any negative feelings white people may have against them, and for changing their minds. This often comes along with lines like "any race of people can be n*****s. Hell, I think some white folks are n*****s. Do you know the actual definition of 'n*****'?" (they adore using this argument as a means of saying that word as many times as they can fit it in, btw)

2) they think racism isn't a thing anymore, since slavery ended, minorities can vote and use all the same facilities as whites, and even got one of their own elected President! This often goes along with the idea that any lingering (and in their minds rare) racism is caused by minorities themselves.

3) they simply don't think racism is that bad of a thing (just bar talk, nobody really means it, etc.). This usually goes along with "everybody's at least a little racist." False equivalencies abound with these folks.

4) they're unabashedly racist, and firmly believe they're entitled to it.

So yes, they're racist. It runs the gamut from pure ignorance without malice, all the way to pure hatred. But it is racism throughout, and it supports Trump.
The food here is awful. My steak was so tough, halfway through my meal it got up and attacked my coffee and the coffee was too weak to defend itself.

User Info: carljenk

carljenk
1 month ago#145
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JgguNlVzkc
Sorry if my posts make you feel emotional. It is not my intent.
Make America Nazi-Free Again. #NoMoreNazis #Wolf2
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Why do Trump supporters get so upset when Trump is rightly labeled as a racist?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived