This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Were poor white people duped by Trump?

User Info: epik_fail1

epik_fail1
10 months ago#21
Ippa555 posted...
I have poor white friends who "don't want their taxes going to poor people". I try explaining to them "YOU ARE THE POOR PEOPLE", but they don't seem to comprehend.

You know what's the saddest thing about your post?

My parents act exactly like the poor people you know and don't even understand that I would not have been able to go to college where I live if we did not pay taxes.
Losing an argument? Ends it with but...but...Hillary and her emails!

User Info: rockyoumonkeys

rockyoumonkeys
10 months ago#22
Yes, but they were duped because they're stupid. And because they're stupid, they refuse to believe they were duped.
PSN: herebemonsters

User Info: wstfld

wstfld
10 months ago#23
It's pretty much a continuation of the campaign. Yelling racist s*** and making no sense.
Last played - , COD WW2 (7/10); Wolfenstein 2 (9/10)
Now playing - Ratchet & Clank (PS4), COD WW2

User Info: cyric79

cyric79
10 months ago#24
Poor white people will benefit from the Republicans tougher stance on immigration and crime.
Thats why I'd have voted for Trump, if I were American.
Currently playing Marvel Heroes (free to play action RPG), Gears of War 3 and Dead or Alive 5

User Info: TundraKing87

TundraKing87
10 months ago#25
Trump continues to hire foreigners and outsource jobs. Huge cuts to the social safety net will have to be made if the Trump wall moves ahead. Jobs will continue to be shipped out or automated and Trump isn't doing anything to push for a living wage or protecting worker's benefits or pensions.

He's also a real estate con man who has cheated everyone he's ever met from students and seniors, to renters and investors.

...but I'm sure 70 years of being a stooge suddenly shifted when he ran for president. I mean it isn't like he's siphoned off tens of millions of dollars from taxpayers or anything already.

User Info: CalmG2

CalmG2
10 months ago#26
I put ''yes, and they refuse to admit it', similar to how poor people were dupped here in the UK by brexit and refuse to admit it.

User Info: Atombender

Atombender
10 months ago#27
There is a YouTube video of Trump voters, some of them were thoroughly disappointment with Trump but when asked whether they would vote for him again, they said "yes".

Like not even not voting at all but voting for that guy again.
"Another visitor! Stay a while! Stay forever!"

User Info: TheHonorableOne

TheHonorableOne
10 months ago#28
What a racist comment.
Yup.

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
10 months ago#29
Everybody who voted for him voted against their interests. In the long run he'll prove bad for everybody, including himself.
bloop

User Info: ShippFFXI

ShippFFXI
10 months ago#30
The_Undying_84 posted...
Everybody who voted for him voted against their interests. In the long run he'll prove bad for everybody, including himself.

No, they didn't. There were many reasons people voted Trump. Not everyone is a one issue voter. Many people like his tougher approach to immigration, and still support that opposed to Hillary's Germany model. That doesn't mean that everyone supporting that supports some ridiculous wall. People liked his original stance on basically staying out of middle eastern conflict. Then he 180'd that nearly immediately when he was actually in office and started ordering air strikes. He lost a lot of supporters at that point when he did the polar opposite of his original campaign promise.
I feel like they are making some great points, but the name-calling and volcano-based murder-ideation are chipping away at their position somewhat.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Were poor white people duped by Trump?
  • Topic Archived