This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Blue states should all enact universal healthcare.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Blue states should all enact universal healthcare.

User Info: CherryTsundere

CherryTsundere
9 months ago#11
John_Galt posted...
Turns out nobody really wants that crap

Except each and every other First World country who, coincidentally, all pay less for their system than the US does.
Follow the light of wisdom that resides in everyone's soul:
https://imgur.com/jVkDdwK.jpg

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
9 months ago#12
CherryTsundere posted...
John_Galt posted...

Except each and every other First World country who, coincidentally, all pay less for their system than the US does.

inb4 "but der US is bigger and has more people"
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

User Info: CherryTsundere

CherryTsundere
9 months ago#13
Voidgolem posted...
CherryTsundere posted...
John_Galt posted...

Wouldn't matter since the costs are higher per capita too.
Follow the light of wisdom that resides in everyone's soul:
https://imgur.com/jVkDdwK.jpg

User Info: ShippFFXI

ShippFFXI
9 months ago#14
Voidgolem posted...
CherryTsundere posted...
John_Galt posted...

I mean, I get where you're going with this, but we need an actual beneficial tax reform for everyone and redirected spending budgets to make it work as well as other countries do.
I feel like they are making some great points, but the name-calling and volcano-based murder-ideation are chipping away at their position somewhat.

User Info: SaikyoStyle

SaikyoStyle
9 months ago#15
Good luck getting any of that through a malevolent right-wing legislature.
Orlando City/USA Soccer
Dukat/Madred 2020. Make Cardassia Great Again!

User Info: str8Knowledge

str8Knowledge
9 months ago#16
We would have to build a giant wall to keep all the leeches out. They arent sending their best, believe me!

User Info: Charged151

Charged151
9 months ago#17
California had the chance to enact universal health care. It didn't happen.
I'm...the...official...master...of...ellipses...

User Info: FenderMaster

FenderMaster
9 months ago#18
The 50 billion increase in military budget approved recently could have paid for Bernie's tuition free public colleges.
Single payer healthcare would indeed be expensive and require a significant tax increase for everyone, but on the flip side people don't have to pay insurance premiums anymore. The savings in insurance premiums far outweigh the tax increase. Plus no deductibles.
In the end it works out a lot cheaper than Obamacare since we cut the insurance company middlemen out,

The corporate democrats don't want it though.
http://www.jvp-boston.org

User Info: ShippFFXI

ShippFFXI
9 months ago#19
FenderMaster posted...
The 50 billion increase in military budget approved recently could have paid for Bernie's tuition free public colleges.
Single payer healthcare would indeed be expensive and require a significant tax increase for everyone, but on the flip side people don't have to pay insurance premiums anymore. The savings in insurance premiums far outweigh the tax increase. Plus no deductibles.
In the end it works out a lot cheaper than Obamacare since we cut the insurance company middlemen out,

The corporate democrats don't want it though.

Yeah, I think that's what a lot of people who want "free" healthcare don't really understand too much. It's not that people don't want it (I mean, aside from the loons), it's that major revisions need to be made to taxes and budget spending prior to it. You can't just implement free healthcare and raise the taxes on everyone even more when the current taxes are already problematic.

I don't know how much Obamacare affected every insurance, but it was a noticeable increase on some private insurance rates. That's a lot of the reason why many people who had already been paying for their own insurance were irritated with it. Even Hillary admitted it needed work, and it was a major talking point for her.
I feel like they are making some great points, but the name-calling and volcano-based murder-ideation are chipping away at their position somewhat.

User Info: wstfld

wstfld
9 months ago#20
They can't after they took away SALT deductions from the wealthy people.
Last played - The Order (7/10), Dishonored 2 (8/10)
Now playing - Dying Light
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Blue states should all enact universal healthcare.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived