This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As a registered Republican I don't see why anyone on my side supports NN..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. As a registered Republican I don't see why anyone on my side supports NN..

User Info: KingHova045

KingHova045
4 months ago#11
BewmHedshot posted...
KingHova045 posted...
BewmHedshot posted...
You sound like a dumbass bringing blockchain into a Net Neutrality discussion, but other than that bravo for thinking rationally.

Eh I think your looking at the current uses of blockchain rather than the potential. Little e-coins are the first wave, realistically.

A blockchain is just a distributed database. It has nothing to do with net neutrality.

Just a distributed database...learn what the f*** something is, before being condescending about it eh?
Just be a good person. That's it. - UFC Woman's Straweight Champion Thug Rose Namajunas

User Info: Bigpoppapump1

Bigpoppapump1
4 months ago#12
Because it's like what their idol trump does. Anything obama is for they are automatically against whether it's good for them or bad

User Info: ClayGuida

ClayGuida
4 months ago#13
What I've found is that the people supporting it are either making money off it or are completely ignorant to the matter. Take all the FCC/congressmen/senators that are pushing for it, they're all getting payoffs for doing so. Those that are against it are not.

If verizon was paying me a million dollars, I'd be all for it, f*** free internet, money over everything
lolAmerica

User Info: BewmHedshot

BewmHedshot
4 months ago#14
KingHova045 posted...
BewmHedshot posted...
KingHova045 posted...
BewmHedshot posted...
You sound like a dumbass bringing blockchain into a Net Neutrality discussion, but other than that bravo for thinking rationally.

Eh I think your looking at the current uses of blockchain rather than the potential. Little e-coins are the first wave, realistically.

A blockchain is just a distributed database. It has nothing to do with net neutrality.

Just a distributed database...learn what the f*** something is, before being condescending about it eh?

lmfao you should take your own advice.

https://blockgeeks.com/guides/what-is-blockchain-technology/

A distributed database
Picture a spreadsheet that is duplicated thousands of times across a network of computers. Then imagine that this network is designed to regularly update this spreadsheet and you have a basic understanding of the blockchain.

Information held on a blockchain exists as a shared — and continually reconciled — database. This is a way of using the network that has obvious benefits. The blockchain database isn’t stored in any single location, meaning the records it keeps are truly public and easily verifiable. No centralized version of this information exists for a hacker to corrupt. Hosted by millions of computers simultaneously, its data is accessible to anyone on the internet.
Cavaliers: ONCE

User Info: myusernameislame

myusernameislame
4 months ago#15
Am I misremembering/imagining this, or did the vocal Republican opposition to NN not really even start until Obama first spoke out in favor of it?

User Info: KingHova045

KingHova045
4 months ago#16
I'm glad you have a rudimentary understanding of the technology. However, the practicality of blocks far exceeds your description of "just a database"

It's just a database that will completely revolutionize the way the internet is accessed, and utilized.

Either way, there a direct correlation between the massive increase in technology and net neutrality, seeing as how providers now have incredibly more sophisticated tools to use to their advantage with consumers.
Just be a good person. That's it. - UFC Woman's Straweight Champion Thug Rose Namajunas

User Info: Clutch

Clutch
4 months ago#17
There’s a difference between supporting Net Neutrality through legislation and supporting giving the FCC power to regulate the internet.
"The historian looks backward; eventually he also believes backward" - F.N.

User Info: RighteousTip

RighteousTip
4 months ago#18
An isp can clearly tell when someone or something is mining coins on their lines and can either a) block the requests entirely, b) throttle it, or c) do nothing.

C is probably not realistic now that NN is gone. But this is just one of many things that ISPs have control over.
https://i.imgur.com/bUl7fAv.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. As a registered Republican I don't see why anyone on my side supports NN..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived