This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As a registered Republican I don't see why anyone on my side supports NN..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. As a registered Republican I don't see why anyone on my side supports NN..

User Info: KingHova045

KingHova045
2 months ago#1
Yeah I honestly don't understand when I see other reps/cons defend this travesty. The common narrative for that argument is that the internet existed pre NN, and therefore will perfectly return to the old status quo in which the internet previously existed.

The fallacy in that argument is that the level of technology that exists now particularly in the data mining side of this equation. Blockchain's compared to what existed in 2015 is like the difference from a Nokia Brick to an iPhone X.

Like cool, you blindly agree with anything your side tells you based on our weird tribalised society. Don't get mad when Comcast is selling your highly sophisticated personal data to third party advertisers.
Just be a good person. That's it. - UFC Woman's Straweight Champion Thug Rose Namajunas

User Info: Kradek

Kradek
2 months ago#2
You mean you don't see why anyone on your side is against NN or supports ending NN. Still, keep up the good fight.
"I'm a baby killer, baby killing makes me horny. Aliens inside me, gonna squash it like Sigourney" ~Get Dat Fetus, Kill Dat Fetus - Sextina Aquafina

User Info: BewmHedshot

BewmHedshot
2 months ago#3
You sound like a dumbass bringing blockchain into a Net Neutrality discussion, but other than that bravo for thinking rationally.
Cavaliers: ONCE

User Info: Artemis86

Artemis86
2 months ago#4
Well, considering that a massive amount of the pro-NN comments turn out to be fake, are you surprised?

You don't need to manufacture consensus to make a popular move.
Love and joy, and joyness

User Info: The Deadpool

The Deadpool
2 months ago#5
Two kinds of people support the repeal of NN:

People who make money off of it.

Sycophants.

The argument that “things were fine before” is stupid. Things are fine NOW. Why change it?
We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons.

User Info: KingHova045

KingHova045
2 months ago#6
BewmHedshot posted...
You sound like a dumbass bringing blockchain into a Net Neutrality discussion, but other than that bravo for thinking rationally.

Eh I think your looking at the current uses of blockchain rather than the potential. Little e-coins are the first wave, realistically.
Just be a good person. That's it. - UFC Woman's Straweight Champion Thug Rose Namajunas

User Info: DK DeathKnight

DK DeathKnight
2 months ago#7
True, one company had the foresight and is attempting to make a free and unregulated Internet using Blockchains. Considering what is happening to the current internet, this company might be on to something.
PSN: CrowsZero_
Playing: League of Legends, Tokiden: Kiwami, Bloodborne.

User Info: ProbesInRobes

ProbesInRobes
2 months ago#8
They believe stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_ipusgGf48

I talked to a few that are under the impression that ending net neutrality will eliminate subsidized Internet access (Lifeline Program) for low income Americans. They seem to think Republicans are reducing wasteful government spending.

User Info: DK DeathKnight

DK DeathKnight
2 months ago#9
^
Everything that Pai just said was so full of shiet, this guy pisses me off even more.
PSN: CrowsZero_
Playing: League of Legends, Tokiden: Kiwami, Bloodborne.

User Info: BewmHedshot

BewmHedshot
2 months ago#10
KingHova045 posted...
BewmHedshot posted...

Eh I think your looking at the current uses of blockchain rather than the potential. Little e-coins are the first wave, realistically.

A blockchain is just a distributed database. It has nothing to do with net neutrality.
Cavaliers: ONCE
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. As a registered Republican I don't see why anyone on my side supports NN..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived