This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If u loved/respected both your parents, and one day your mom alleges rape vs dad

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. If u loved/respected both your parents, and one day your mom alleges rape vs dad

User Info: EightySix22

EightySix22
4 months ago#21
Barenziah Boy Toy posted...
EightySix22 posted...
Then it's a case of "I have no idea who's telling the truth". Let the justice system do its work.

This question is for you. Regardless of what the legal system decides.

Like you said, there's no way to tell who's lying. You want me to make a blind decision ? There are times when you gotta admit you're just powerless and let the justice intervene.

User Info: Gobstoppers12

Gobstoppers12
4 months ago#22

Not asking whose side you'd take. I am asking who are you more likely to believe?

So you're asking whose side I would take.

You've literally contradicted yourself in the span of two sentences.
I write Naruto Fanfiction.
Barenziah Boy Toy 4 months ago#23
Gobstoppers12 posted...

You can believe the accusations made against a person, and still take his side - just look at the majority of conservatives/Republicans in this country.

L2 6th grade level logical reasoning.
You don't need a treaty to have free trade. M Rothbard
{Self-Hating Token Asian of the Ivory Tower's Zionist Elite}

User Info: -Kicksave-

-Kicksave-
4 months ago#24
I would claim they raped ME and then in their scramble to defend themselves against a more heinous accusation they would join forces, reconcile, save their marriage, and I’d drop the charge and we would all live happily after ever. Genius move.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Rico, YOU know what to DO!

Gobstoppers12
4 months ago#25
Gobstoppers12 posted...

You can believe the accusations made against a person, and still take his side - just look at the majority of conservatives/Republicans in this country.

L2 6th grade level logical reasoning.

In the case of your parents, if you love them both equally and have no reason to distrust either one, then believing one of them over the other means taking that one's side.

Otherwise, you don't love/trust them equally, because you'd be willing to side with the one who is lying, hence playing favorites. Your premise is fundamentally flawed.

a.k.a. it's a stupid question.
Barenziah Boy Toy 4 months ago#26
Gobstoppers12 posted...
In the case of your parents, if you love them both equally and have no reason to distrust either one, then believing one of them over the other means taking that one's side.

That's like saying that a judge is taking sides when determining a verdict. You can be objective while still making a decision about something.

User Info: Gradieus

Gradieus
4 months ago#27
Bako Ikporamee posted...
Gradieus posted...
and your dad denies the allegation. It was 100% he said/she said with no evidence either proving or disproving her accusations.

Who would you believe?

Neither of them.

So a rape did happen, it just wasn't mom?

I only believe in the evidence. He said she said is not evidence.

Case dismissed.

User Info: zhukov1943

zhukov1943
4 months ago#28
Gobstoppers12 posted...
This is a stupid question.
'Reality,' sa molesworth 2, 'is so unspeakably sordid it make me shudder.'

Gobstoppers12
4 months ago#29
Gobstoppers12 posted...

That's like saying that a judge is taking sides when determining a verdict. You can be objective while still making a decision about something.

Are you a judge? Judges don't typically have personal connections to the people involved in a case--if they do turn out to have a connection to one party, they typically recuse themselves because it will inevitably affect their ability to be impartial.

So, if your position is that one can "be objective" when judging which one of their parents is lying, you must also give us a selection of evidence to be objective toward. In a purely hypothetical situation where you trust them both but there's no evidence, your only option is to refer them to the police, because there is no way to make a sound judgement without further evidence.

It's a stupid question.
Barenziah Boy Toy 4 months ago#30
Gobstoppers12 posted...
Are you a judge? Judges don't typically have personal connections to the people involved in a case--if they do turn out to have a connection to one party, they typically recuse themselves because it will inevitably affect their ability to be impartial.

So, if your position is that one can "be objective" when judging which one of their parents is lying, you must also give us a selection of evidence to be objective toward. In a purely hypothetical situation where you trust them both but there's no evidence, your only option is to refer them to the police, because there is no way to make a sound judgement without further evidence.

It's a stupid question.

The difference in this case obviously, is that you have equally personal connections to BOTH parties.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. If u loved/respected both your parents, and one day your mom alleges rape vs dad

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived