This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

CEOs admit tax cut profits will go to shareholders, not workers

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. CEOs admit tax cut profits will go to shareholders, not workers

User Info: zeppelin4ever42

zeppelin4ever42
9 months ago#91
slaity posted...
@zeppelin4ever42 

http://www.tsowell.com/images/Hoover%20Proof.pdf

I don't have time to read a 19 page article right now because I have a new site in file going. You have an argument to make based on the article?
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me

User Info: mizukage2

mizukage2
9 months ago#92
I am honestly kind of shocked at how many of them aren't bothering to lie about it. Maybe they think that in an America where Donald f***ing Trump and his blatant corruption were elected President they have finally turned the populace into puppets that will go along with them no matter what?
I mean, i never see the right bash the left on anything because the blame game causes more issues than anything-Josh

User Info: fan357

fan357
9 months ago#93
f***ing over the middle class is fine because LIBERALZ.
Never forget where you came from.

User Info: petejohnson_5

petejohnson_5
9 months ago#94
Okay so let me explain this to you people.
Take company A. They are a fortune 50 company. They have 3000 store fronts and operate online. These tax cuts give them an extra 500 million dollars. Which they give to their shareholders, which drive up their interest and cause them to gain 1 billion in investments from New shareholder interest. Which they use to open 5 new stores, with each store having 200 employees and about 20 backend employees to support.
This the tax cut led to shareholder profits led to shareholder interest led to 1020 new American employees. Of which about 900 will be full time, fully benefited employees.
Everyone wins here. The company increases its profits, the shareholders get pay outs, the public gets new jobs and new stores to shop at.
So tell me oh brilliant economists, who is so harmed by this? Other than democrats who lost this one and just can't stand Americans getting jobs or companies succeeding? Or just giving the party or the president their due.
A FFVII remake would be the gaming equivalent of the second coming of Jesus - ZombieGenesis

User Info: wstfld

wstfld
9 months ago#95
The only thing that increases wages is an increased demand for labor. Estate tax cuts have nothing to do with the labor market.
Last played - The Order (7/10), Dishonored 2 (8/10)
Now playing - Dying Light

User Info: wstfld

wstfld
9 months ago#96
petejohnson_5 posted...
Okay so let me explain this to you people.
Take company A. They are a fortune 50 company. They have 3000 store fronts and operate online. These tax cuts give them an extra 500 million dollars. Which they give to their shareholders, which drive up their interest and cause them to gain 1 billion in investments from New shareholder interest. Which they use to open 5 new stores, with each store having 200 employees and about 20 backend employees to support.
This the tax cut led to shareholder profits led to shareholder interest led to 1020 new American employees. Of which about 900 will be full time, fully benefited employees.
Everyone wins here. The company increases its profits, the shareholders get pay outs, the public gets new jobs and new stores to shop at.
So tell me oh brilliant economists, who is so harmed by this? Other than democrats who lost this one and just can't stand Americans getting jobs or companies succeeding? Or just giving the party or the president their due.

Why the f*** would the existing shareholders agree to $1B in newly issued shares? LOL. Why the f*** would you open a new store just because you have money? LOL.

How about they give $500M to get people STEM degrees which we actually need. Not 1000 minimum wage slaves.

I figured with conservatives yelling about capitalism all the time they'd have a greater understanding.
Last played - The Order (7/10), Dishonored 2 (8/10)
Now playing - Dying Light

User Info: Wolfwood824

Wolfwood824
9 months ago#97
wstfld posted...
Why the f*** would you open a new store just because you have money? LOL.

Because of all that demand that doesn't exist because they gave all the money to the 1%, duh!
Game Guides 'N Stuff
http://www.youtube.com/Wolfwood824

User Info: JimmyPageZep

JimmyPageZep
9 months ago#98
Tax cuts can't go to workers. Businesses hire at the marginal productivity of labour. Taxation occurs on profit. Ergo it doesn't increase the cost of labour or decrease the productivity (except for payroll taxes). Therefore cutting taxes won't decrease the cost of labour or increase their productivity, which means wages won't go up and/or more people won't be hired.

User Info: _The_Hitcher_

_The_Hitcher_
9 months ago#99
Brandalia posted...
I'll assume these are earnest questions.

1.) Yes, people would be better off with, I'm going to some you meant, "higher paying jobs". It, however, is not the job of the employer to provide a higher salary or wage simply because you think they should. Wages are not set arbitrarily. Every company places a value on labor. If the company values a worker's labor at less than what the worker values it, the worker is free to find employment elsewhere. If I think I should get $10K a year to cut your grass should you have to pay me that? What if I wanted $20K? $100K? Where do you draw the line? If you draw a line, why?

2.) Some workers are shareholders. Is your argument that unless policy X benefits 100% of group Y, that it's "bad"?

3.) See above. Every company exists to make money, and to make its shareholders money. Any company that doesn't eventually goes belly up. Again, I don't see the issue with a CEO effectively stating as much.

4.) It doesn't matter what the majority wants. If you asked the majority of people if everyone should get a million dollars, I'd bet good money the majority of people would say "yes". That'd be a terrible idea, of course. If a company wants to raise wages, good for them. I, however, know that if I were in the business of making money, if I had extra profits, I'd pay my shareholders, which in turns leads to higher investment in the business, more growth and higher profits down the line, which in turn leads to more workers.

I may not have been getting myself across very well before but I was posting before bed after a very long working day.

I agree that it is a company's responsibility to maximise profits for the benefit of shareholders. I also agree that they would never pay more than needed for labour. Therefore, this is the logical conclusion of tax cuts, fine.

My issue is that isn't how it's being sold. It's obvious most laymen out there supporting it expected something different. In short, trickle down is bulls*** that has never worked.

User Info: JimmyPageZep

JimmyPageZep
9 months ago#100
Brandalia posted...
Wages are not set arbitrarily. Every company places a value on labor. If the company values a worker's labor at less than what the worker values it, the worker is free to find employment elsewhere.

So in other words, wages are set arbitrarily.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. CEOs admit tax cut profits will go to shareholders, not workers

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived