This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

sanders legacy is that he pushed the democratic party to the left

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. sanders legacy is that he pushed the democratic party to the left

User Info: SPMcGuilicutty

SPMcGuilicutty
7 months ago#41
LightSnake posted...
The notion Trump was 'weak' as a candidate has not held up to reality.

Particularly when he had a lot of cheating in his corner.

Oh, Trump made tons of mistakes. He was definitely an awful candidate. It just didn't matter.
Make 261 Great Again
Not changing this sig until infinitys_7th pays me the $1,000 he owes me(4/6/17)

User Info: McSame_as_Bush

McSame_as_Bush
7 months ago#42
andel posted...
LightSnake posted...
A popular vote winner who required the Republican party, the director of the FBI interfering, the worst media performance in decades and a foreign hostile entity interfering to defeat her was not "unelectable"

And 'most popular politician in America" can turn on a dime. Clinton held that title before she began running.

are you denying she ran an awful campaign? because that really isn't debatable and trump was the weakest opponent imaginable

She ran an okay campaign outside of a few bad mistakes. She did well in the debates outside of the basket of deplorables comment, which I guess her team thought was cute or something, but was a really dumb thing to say.

It was mostly her baggage and things outside of her control that did her in.

Trump didn't follow any of the established rules for campaigning and connected with people who wouldn't have typically voted (and shouldn't vote tbh). Ted Cruz would've been a significantly worse candidate.
The Republican Prayer: ''Let's not linger on what I said yesterday, what matters is what I am saying today, and I'll have further details for you tomorrow.''

User Info: AndreLeGeant

AndreLeGeant
7 months ago#43
She ran a bad campaign. She couldn't accomplish basic tasks like slogans. Every time she spoke she seemed out of touch because of forced attempts at humor. She refused to tie the wider GOP to Trump. She made the election too much about how horrible Trump was to women and minoritaire - votes she didn't need. She didn't go after the Midwest because she was chasing places like Georgia.
I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I am your sXe hero.
They should build a mosque in mecca. Right next to the dome of the rock. -- Lord Sideous

User Info: McSame_as_Bush

McSame_as_Bush
7 months ago#44
LightSnake posted...
The notion Trump was 'weak' as a candidate has not held up to reality.

This. It's impossible to compare him to candidates in the past. He made some obvious mistakes. I don't think the reveal that he was a serial sexual assaulter did him any favors, but you can't really quantify his intangibles.
The Republican Prayer: ''Let's not linger on what I said yesterday, what matters is what I am saying today, and I'll have further details for you tomorrow.''

User Info: LightSnake

LightSnake
7 months ago#45
Clinton ran a largely bog-standard campaign with pretty standard errors. If not for Comey's letter, nobody would be talking about "but she didn't go to Wisconsin"...like how they also conveniently don't talk about how tens of thousands of Wisconsinites couldn't vote in the election proper thanks to things like voter suppression. Like they also don't discuss the absurd levels of coverage given to a trivial non-issue like her email server. There were instances when media companies tuned in to an empty podium where Trump was going to give a speech later, ignoring Clinton who was giving a speech about her policies at the same time

The tacit concession of "sure, the other people cheat, but a REAL candidate could've overcome it" is absurd. And the idea that Trump was weak hasn't held up....he was unpopular, but we don't run on a straight Democracy. He was strong with rural whites in a way other candidates wouldn't have been.
Ring the bells that still can ring/Forget your perfect offering/There is a crack in everything/That's how the light gets in."- RIP, Leonard Cohen

User Info: AndreLeGeant

AndreLeGeant
7 months ago#46
I think some people go to great lengths to defend a losing candidate. More than I've ever seen.
I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I am your sXe hero.
They should build a mosque in mecca. Right next to the dome of the rock. -- Lord Sideous

User Info: LightSnake

LightSnake
7 months ago#47
AndreLeGeant posted...
I think some people go to great lengths to defend a losing candidate. More than I've ever seen.

Almost as much as some go to deride her and ignore very pertinent factors about the loss because they're emotionally invested in hating her while going 'great lengths' to champion a losing candidate because he says things you like to hear

If she does a full turn to support single payer, you'd probably decide she was a great candidate cheated out of her rightful place just like Al "losing candidate who wasn't to the left enough now he supports my pet cause so none of it is his fault" Gore.

But hey, why should we worry about the media treating candidates fairly going forward? Or voter suppression? OR Trump fanboys in the national security apparatus? A few people in Michigan agree with me, ergo it's only because Clinton sucked!
Ring the bells that still can ring/Forget your perfect offering/There is a crack in everything/That's how the light gets in."- RIP, Leonard Cohen

User Info: Stonedwolfed

Stonedwolfed
7 months ago#48
AndreLeGeant posted...
She ran a bad campaign. She couldn't accomplish basic tasks like slogans. Every time she spoke she seemed out of touch because of forced attempts at humor. She refused to tie the wider GOP to Trump. She made the election too much about how horrible Trump was to women and minoritaire - votes she didn't need. She didn't go after the Midwest because she was chasing places like Georgia.

A joke on the radio tonight "she's the sort of woman who'll end up haunting a well".

And that on a distinctly left-wing show.
Understanding the rationality of SJWs is like trying to smell the colour 9.
Locating the humanity of neo-Nazis is like finding the Unicorns' Graveyard.

User Info: SamCarlson

SamCarlson
7 months ago#49
andel posted...

im showing that clinton voters demonstrably had a bigger net negative impact on the party than sanders voters.

how? one group gave us trump. also notice how this debate never occurred after the 2008 election? so clearly something is more damaged.

andel posted...

and no, his approval ratings are the highest of any politician in america at the moment.

and his approval rating comes from his constituents (vermont).

andel posted...

clinton primary voters (and obv trump voters) are to blame for trump winning the election

clinton primary voters didnt vote for trump. a significant enough of bernie primary voters did.
Force feeding people the truth.

User Info: SamCarlson

SamCarlson
7 months ago#50
AndreLeGeant posted...

agreed. the lengths people go to defend bernie is insane.
Force feeding people the truth.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. sanders legacy is that he pushed the democratic party to the left

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived