This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should liberals be more accepting of the SJWs?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Should liberals be more accepting of the SJWs?

User Info: SamCarlson

SamCarlson
7 months ago#41
Stonedwolfed posted...
Give some strong, preferably citable, examples.

http://sph.umn.edu/site/docs/hewg/microaggressions.pdf
Force feeding people the truth.

User Info: Stonedwolfed

Stonedwolfed
7 months ago#42
SamCarlson posted...
Stonedwolfed posted...
Give some strong, preferably citable, examples.

http://sph.umn.edu/site/docs/hewg/microaggressions.pdf

That's from Racial Microaggressions in Everyday Life: Implications for Clinical Practice, Teachers College, Columbia University.

It's aimed at psychology clinicians internationally completely neutering their language in a clinical setting.
Understanding the rationality of SJWs is like trying to smell the colour 9.
Locating the humanity of neo-Nazis is like finding the Unicorns' Graveyard.

User Info: crillgamer

crillgamer
7 months ago#43
Sometimes I think the ctrl-left vs alt-right was a charade. Kept us distracted at each others throats for a whole year. Away from real important issues. Yeah I'm probably wrong but I can't remember communists and nazis dominating the air waves before. So surreal.
When in danger or in doubt
Run in circles scream and shout

User Info: megaman1376

megaman1376
7 months ago#44
thing is that contrary to what many believe right wingers dislike kkk and nazis they feel that they give the right wing a bad name
but never have been seen more clearly the horseshoe theory right now where the far left is identical in methodology and core messages than the far right that in current times so liberals are as the conservatives shunning their toxic elements but there is a narrative running right now so liberals seem like conservatives and conservatives looks like extremists

User Info: Stonedwolfed

Stonedwolfed
7 months ago#45
crillgamer posted...
ctrl-left vs alt-right

Like it.
Understanding the rationality of SJWs is like trying to smell the colour 9.
Locating the humanity of neo-Nazis is like finding the Unicorns' Graveyard.

User Info: PhlogPyro

PhlogPyro
7 months ago#46
Microaggressions are such a bulls*** concept. This is the real world. If you're offended by tiny comments, insults or otherwise, deal with it. Like everybody else has to.
MH IGN: Pyro || HR 900+ || Insect Glaive
Hunters' Hub Discord server: https://discord.gg/ffuebqQ

User Info: PhlogPyro

PhlogPyro
7 months ago#47
Bond_543 posted...
im the only liberal here.

Lmao f*** right off
MH IGN: Pyro || HR 900+ || Insect Glaive
Hunters' Hub Discord server: https://discord.gg/ffuebqQ

User Info: LawnNinja

LawnNinja
7 months ago#48
SJWs have made a mockery of genuine social justice and done real damage to the cause of human rights. The fact of the matter is that they're not a movement that wants to change the structure that produces injustice. They just want to BE the authority that metes out the injustice, replacing one oppressive hierarchy with a different one, and "fighting" oppression by oppressing others.

And I'm saying this as someone who's even further to the left than your average Antifa herd member. The whole movement has grossly misunderstood the concepts upon which they base their activism, ignoring the structural violence explained by systems theory in favor of deeming any and all oppression as a moral failure of individuals. Changing the system is hard. Pointing fingers and smacking people with sticks is easy. We don't need people who'd forgo the difficult-but-progressive road in favor of the emotionally-satisfying-but-ultimately-damaging one.

The left is better than that.
"It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

User Info: LewsTheDragon

LewsTheDragon
7 months ago#49
LawnNinja posted...
Changing the system is hard. Pointing fingers and smacking people with sticks is easy. We don't need people who'd forgo the difficult-but-progressive road in favor of the emotionally-satisfying-but-ultimately-damaging one.

Yeah! Absolutely this!
Faith means not wanting to know what is true. Friedrich Nietzsche
I'm a polyatheist -- there are many gods I don't believe in.

User Info: LawnNinja

LawnNinja
7 months ago#50
LewsTheDragon posted...
LawnNinja posted...
Changing the system is hard. Pointing fingers and smacking people with sticks is easy. We don't need people who'd forgo the difficult-but-progressive road in favor of the emotionally-satisfying-but-ultimately-damaging one.

Yeah! Absolutely this!

Thank you.

InB4 some left-wing idiot calls me a Nazi for challenging SJWs.
InB4 some right-wing idiot calls me a communist for acknowledging structural violence.
"It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Should liberals be more accepting of the SJWs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived