This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gun sales continue to plummet sharply under Donald Trump presidency.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Gun sales continue to plummet sharply under Donald Trump presidency.

User Info: InfiniteMick

InfiniteMick
8 months ago#71
Triad posted...
I do believe in gun control but I can't wait to get out to a range again soon.

That's my contribution to this topic.

Yeah. Me too, It's been too long.
I have a 590A1 but it's a little annoying how quickly it's rusting.
I'm not crazy, one of the voices in my head is a psychiatrist, and he says I'm fine.
Free speech without limit endangers the right to free speech.

User Info: UnfairRepresent

UnfairRepresent
8 months ago#72
mninp posted...
Someone that is going to kill someone else is going to do so whether or not guns are legal.

Someone is going to kill someone whether or not murder is legal.

What kind of s***ty argument is that?
^ Hey now that's completely unfair.
https://imgtc.com/i/14JHfrt.jpg

User Info: yurnxt

yurnxt
8 months ago#73
Dark_Spiret posted...
Bat178 posted...
The AK is much more reliable than the AR. People just use the AR because it's domestic and pretty much everyone is making them nowadays.
depends. AK's win in the long term since you dont really need to lube them to make then function. AR's however are built with tighter tolerances so things like sand, dirt and mud pose less of a threat in jamming the action.

AK's are typically more reliable in adverse conditions because the tolerances aren't as tight as the AR and therefore they have more room to 'self clean' as they are bring fired. AK's are also typically more reliable with less lube, less cleaning and dirty cheap steel cased ammo.
~Aut viam inveniam aut faciam~

User Info: Stonedwolfed

Stonedwolfed
8 months ago#74
Bat178 posted...
The SCAR, F2000, HK416 and many other European assault rifles are better than the AR-15.

The AR-15 is not an assault rifle.
Understanding the rationality of SJWs is like trying to smell the colour 9.
Locating the humanity of neo-Nazis is like finding the Unicorns' Graveyard.

User Info: Stonedwolfed

Stonedwolfed
8 months ago#75
CyborgSage00x0 posted...
It's a cruel irony that electing a Republican actual helps decrease gun sales.

They don't feel like Trump is going to ban them so there's no need to stock-up.
Understanding the rationality of SJWs is like trying to smell the colour 9.
Locating the humanity of neo-Nazis is like finding the Unicorns' Graveyard.

User Info: Atombender

Atombender
8 months ago#76
Gun lovers have been stocking up guns and ammo during the Obama administration like crazy. The only reason to buy a new gun now is to get a new model like the Glock 5, which is like an Apple hype.
"Another visitor! Stay a while! Stay forever!"

User Info: UnfairRepresent

UnfairRepresent
8 months ago#77
Atombender posted...
Gun lovers have been stocking up guns and ammo during the Obama administration like crazy. The only reason to buy a new gun now is to get a new model like the Glock 5, which is like an Apple hype.

Thanks Obama
^ Hey now that's completely unfair.
https://imgtc.com/i/14JHfrt.jpg

User Info: argonautweakend

argonautweakend
8 months ago#78
trump fans(if they havent already ITT) are probably going to say its because the US is more secure now that donald trump is in the WH, and thus the need for guns goes down.

You could argue it has to do with trump, but only because their media isnt telling them over and over again without proof he wants to ban all guns, so people dont see the need to freak out and hoard guns and ammo for the inevitable take over.

User Info: Atombender

Atombender
8 months ago#79
UnfairRepresent posted...
Atombender posted...

Thanks Obama

That should be the new NRA slogan.
"Another visitor! Stay a while! Stay forever!"

User Info: argonautweakend

argonautweakend
8 months ago#80
Turns out we already got that rhetoric in here.

Lets see:

during obamas term the right wing media went on and on and on about how obama wants to take all of the guns away, the govt was coming for them, etc etc. In addition to school shootings used as a ploy to raise gun sales because after sandy hook et al there would be more gun regulations and people were freaking out buying tons of guns because they were brainwashed into thinking they'd be gone tomorrow(with no proof).

Now that trump is in office, the right wing media isnt painting nearly as bleak of a scene regarding guns. You say its safer now that trump is in office, but perhaps its the fact right wing media isnt pulling scare tactics at the moment getting people to freak out and hoard guns.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Gun sales continue to plummet sharply under Donald Trump presidency.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived