• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Thoughts on possible Kratom ban?
SlyflyT 5 years ago#1
I think its bulls***. Ive used it for literally years now. It got me off a horrible pain killer addiction that my doctor gave me when I got 5 slipped disks in my back. I was a f***ing fiend and would spend hundreds a week on pills after my doctor cut me off. A year of my life was literally lost to my addiction then in 2010 I read about Kratom and ordered some and with in a week I was off pain killers since. I stopped going to the doctor and just use kratom when my back gets hurting and never been happier.

I have since personally got dozens of people off pain pill and heroin addictions by pointing them to kratom. I dont want to sound preachy but if they ban this you WILL see overdoses and crime related to opiates and heroin go up.

Anyone else think the government is going to far with this? As far as I know the stuff is closely related to coffee and we dont call for coffee bans. Could it be big pharma calling them to do it since it is natural and works better than the addictive s*** they make?
GordonFreeGin 5 years ago#2
It's pharmaceutical companies trying to make quick money as they isolate the compounds that make it so effective. That's why this gets banned but spice and k2 is fine.
ArabrockermanX 5 years ago#3
I haven't looked into this yet, but given past "drug" bans I wouldn't be surprised if this was just the pharmaceuticals throwing money at the government to stop something.
SlyflyT 5 years ago#4
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/please-do-not-make-kratom-schedule-i-substance

They got 3K signs in like 3 hours since I signed so I guess they will hit the 100k easily. My hunch must be right about the pharmaceutical giants having a hand in this?
FollowY0urBliss 5 years ago#5
SlyflyT posted...
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/please-do-not-make-kratom-schedule-i-substance

They got 3K signs in like 3 hours since I signed so I guess they will hit the 100k easily. My hunch must be right about the pharmaceutical giants having a hand in this?

I signed it.

While i don't have the personal experience that the OP has with the substance, (The docs and pharma got me stuck on something far more sinister than even strong opiate pills) I have used it before.

I think it's quite mild, and i have even seen a friend ease his way from a strong opiate to kratom. I can easily see this substance helping a lot of people who have opiate addiction (which is PLAGUING the US) slowly get off, or even see it as a mostly-harmless substance for people who may need pain relief or to simply catch a small buzz.

BUT, if it becomes banned, just like the OP said, addiction and overdoses will skyrocket simply because there is no legal alternatives.

I know I'm really reaching here, but i even think that opium should be legalized, but monitored/regulated, similar to purchasing Sudafed, or even similar to medical marijuana. It's wishful thinking, and will never happen, but I'll tell you what. Something different NEEDS to happen because opiate addiction will only continue to get worse.
Xbox/Windows GT: CleverDemise PSN id: acleverdemise Steam id: acleverdemise (please add me on Steam)
TWITCH id: Acleverdemise (Please follow me!)
GordonFreeGin 5 years ago#6
I've never had it. I just see when bs is bs. I signed the petition. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some Krokodil to do.
FollowY0urBliss 5 years ago#7
GordonFreeGin posted...
I've never had it. I just see when bs is bs. I signed the petition. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some Krokodil to do.

Good idea, wanna throw in together? lol
Xbox/Windows GT: CleverDemise PSN id: acleverdemise Steam id: acleverdemise (please add me on Steam)
TWITCH id: Acleverdemise (Please follow me!)
SlyflyT 5 years ago#8
The petition is 87k now and it says 100k is the goal by 9/29 so what happens when it hits the goal? Ive never watched a petition before. Looks like they will go way over the 100k to me.
Bond_543 5 years ago#9
The FDA and DEA needs to be abolished. People that want to ban things are idiots and evil. thats my thoughts on it.
G_I_B_B_O_N 5 years ago#10
Suck it up wussy. Else a young non white male stud like myself replaces your tired self in your job.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Thoughts on possible Kratom ban?
  • Topic Archived