This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. "When the people extended their hand for help, help was not there. When peo

User Info: TrumpTrain

TrumpTrain
2 years ago#1
"When the people of New Orleans and Gulf Coast extended their hand for help, help was not there. When people looked up from the rooftops, for too long they saw an empty sky. When the winds blew and the flood waters came, we learned for all of our wealth and our power, something wasn’t right with America. We can talk about what happened for a few days in 2005, and we should. We can talk about levies that couldn’t hold, about a FEMA that seem not just incompetent but paralyzed and powerless, about a president who only saw the people from a window on an airplane instead of down here on the ground, trying to provide comfort and aid. We can talk about a trust that was broken, the promise that our government would be prepared, will protect us, and will respond in a catastrophe." - Obama's criticism of Bush on Hurricane Katrina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfmC2UUlLNc

User Info: wally

wally
2 years ago#2
I assume you are trying and failing to suggest that the situations are in any way comparable?
Home is behind, the world ahead. And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight

User Info: TrumpTrain

TrumpTrain
2 years ago#3
You are right, it wasn't comparable. 1 president was at least flying over it while the other was just golfing.

wally
2 years ago#4
Mix fail

User Info: Sczoyd

Sczoyd
2 years ago#5
Not another damn topic about this...
Posted using GameFlux

User Info: yzman

yzman
2 years ago#6
Remember that time that Republicans almost all voted against Hurricane Sandy relief?

f*** them.
As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away
3DS Friend Code 1203-9256-5903

User Info: Romes187

Romes187
2 years ago#7
Guys just admit obama is being slightly hypocritical in this situation. It doesnt mean hes an evil muslim, or a terrible president for that matter...

You can still like him and think hes doing something hypocritical or s***ty
http://i.imgur.com/loNsX.gif

User Info: BinaryHedgehog

BinaryHedgehog
2 years ago#8
That's number 6, I think? You people are desperate if this is what you're riding on.
Music gamers are an underserved population. DDR Lives Matter.
"If at first you don't succeed, blame it on your parents" - Wheel of Morality

User Info: SPMcGuilicutty

SPMcGuilicutty
2 years ago#9
Romes187 posted...
Guys just admit obama is being slightly hypocritical in this situation.

How is Obama doing what the governor of Louisiana asked him to do "hypocritical?"
"Tear down this wall!" - Republicans in 1986
"Build a wall and make someone else pay for it!" - Republicans in 2016

wally
2 years ago#10
Romes187 posted...
Guys just admit obama is being slightly hypocritical in this situation. It doesnt mean hes an evil muslim, or a terrible president for that matter...

You can still like him and think hes doing something hypocritical or s***ty

Why would I have to admit anything of the sort? Are you under the false impression that the problems people had with the Katrina response dealt with Bush not physically being present?
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. "When the people extended their hand for help, help was not there. When peo
  • Topic Archived