This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Scientist offers to build nuke bomb targeting New York for Venezuela

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Scientist offers to build nuke bomb targeting New York for Venezuela

User Info: TaiIs82

TaiIs82
3 years ago#11
Nitro378 Posted

I swear if we had stopped 9/11 you'd complain about entrapment.
Hero/Legend of 261. Lover of life, free speech, etc.
Providing trickle-down knowledge since 2009

User Info: SPMcGuilicutty

SPMcGuilicutty
3 years ago#12
TaiIs82 posted...
Nitro378 Posted

I swear if we had stopped 9/11 you'd complain about entrapment.

You mean if Bush had taken the CIA's warning more seriously? I don't see how that's entrapment.
Literally

User Info: mizukage2

mizukage2
3 years ago#13
He is probably lucky it was an FBI sting, I really doubt the government of Venezuela would appreciate being given dud bombs. Yet despite knowing he was feeding them pure horse **** he also suggested they try to detonate the thing he knew wouldn't work the moment they got one. Seriously, they probably would have killed this idiot.
I mean, i never see the right bash the left on anything because the blame game causes more issues than anything-Josh

User Info: Masta Crouton

Masta Crouton
3 years ago#14
Or...since you know, the Venezuelan government wasn't actually involved, they would probably be more like "who the hell are you?"
"You've outgrown WoT, and gamefaqs in general, and...you've stuck around to ruin everyone else's day." -goatthief

User Info: mizukage2

mizukage2
3 years ago#15
Masta Crouton posted...
Or...since you know, the Venezuelan government wasn't actually involved, they would probably be more like "who the hell are you?"

What does that have to do with a hypothetical scenario where he was actually negotiating with Venezuela instead of FBI impostors and planned to screw them over on the deal?
I mean, i never see the right bash the left on anything because the blame game causes more issues than anything-Josh

User Info: Masta Crouton

Masta Crouton
3 years ago#16
Didn't realize it was a hypothetical.

But your hypothetical is pretty damn stupid. It requires the Venezuela A) Would accept such dangerous information with potentially nation-destroying consequences, B) Would actually trust a blatantly untrustworthy source, C) Has no ability to distinguish between working nuclear devices and non-working ones, and D) That they would dispatch some sort of shadowy assassin to kill him instead of possessing the slightest amount of intelligence, and spotting the obvious bull****.
"You've outgrown WoT, and gamefaqs in general, and...you've stuck around to ruin everyone else's day." -goatthief

User Info: Evil Genius 9

Evil Genius 9
3 years ago#17
It's not actually all that difficult to design and build a basic nuclear weapon. The main difficulty lies in acquiring the necessary fissile materials, because enriching Uranium-235 or manufacturing Plutonium-239 is enormously difficult and expensive. Once you have the material, you're about 80% of the way there. Case in point: The US did not even bother testing the weapon used on Hiroshima because the scientists were certain that it would work, and testing it would require wasting valuable fissile material. And they were right.
Every day I fight for you. I tell them how smart you are. Turns out, I was wrong. You people are stupid.
-- Dave Chappelle

User Info: Kradek

Kradek
3 years ago#18
Evil Genius 9 posted...
It's not actually all that difficult to design and build a basic nuclear weapon. The main difficulty lies in acquiring the necessary fissile materials, because enriching Uranium-235 or manufacturing Plutonium-239 is enormously difficult and expensive. Once you have the material, you're about 80% of the way there. Case in point: The US did not even bother testing the weapon used on Hiroshima because the scientists were certain that it would work, and testing it would require wasting valuable fissile material. And they were right.

I'm not sure who told you the U.S. never tested them, but I'm sorry they lied to you:

Trinity test on 16 July 1945, was the world's first test of a nuclear weapon (yield of around 20 kt).

I've been to Trinity, NM, to the actual site myself as part of a science trip.
I want to start a fry company called Freedom Fries with a slogan saying "Prepare to have your stomach invaded"

User Info: Evil Genius 9

Evil Genius 9
3 years ago#19
Trinity was a test of the Plutonium implosion design, aka "Fat Man," used on Nagasaki, and a much more complex design than Little Boy, a Uranium gun-type design, which was used on Hiroshima. Little Boy was not tested before it was used.
Every day I fight for you. I tell them how smart you are. Turns out, I was wrong. You people are stupid.
-- Dave Chappelle

User Info: Kradek

Kradek
3 years ago#20
Evil Genius 9 posted...
Trinity was a test of the Plutonium implosion design, aka "Fat Man," used on Nagasaki, and a much more complex design than Little Boy, a Uranium gun-type design, which was used on Hiroshima. Little Boy was not tested before it was used.

Hmm, I'm noticing that you did only mention Hiroshima. Touche, you win this one, you evil genius, you.
I want to start a fry company called Freedom Fries with a slogan saying "Prepare to have your stomach invaded"
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Scientist offers to build nuke bomb targeting New York for Venezuela

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived