This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Serious question for potentially unserious users, regarding terrorism.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Serious question for potentially unserious users, regarding terrorism.

User Info: Askeladd

Askeladd
3 years ago#41
R_Nelly posted...
In 20 years I've seen hundreds of thousands of incidents of Islamic terrorist

I don't think this poster understands the finer points of counting. He just claimed he has seen over 200,000 incidents of terrorism in his life.

20 years is about 7,304 days.
That comes out to about 27 acts of terrorism a day.
More than one act of Islamic terrorism every hour.
Even when he is asleep!
TWSS hes speken end the wenner es E. There cen enle be ene.
"If it can fit in a Pokeball it can fit in a Gatorade bottle. I'mma catch it." NobleRoar

User Info: Maverick3000

Maverick3000
3 years ago#42
I've also still yet to actually see anybody provide evidence of major terrorist activity by non Islamic terrorist in recent memory.

Terrorism by secular groups is still pretty dang common in S. and SE. Asia. The most prolific suicide bombers of the last decade was a communist group in Sri Lanka. India has insurgency from pretty much every religious group and ideology you can imagine. One of the oldest and nastiest militant groups still among the Palestinian resistance is the Popular Front which is Communist and was lead by a Christian. You might have heard them massacring a bunch of Jews and Druze at a temple last year. Most of the Kurdish terrorist groups are secular and the People's Army in the Philippines is still active.
we're not all geniuses like you Maverick. >_> - AWrulez

User Info: R_Nelly

R_Nelly
3 years ago#43
Askeladd posted...
R_Nelly posted...
In 20 years I've seen hundreds of thousands of incidents of Islamic terrorist

I don't think this poster understands the finer points of counting. He just claimed he has seen over 200,000 incidents of terrorism in his life.

20 years is about 7,304 days.
That comes out to about 27 acts of terrorism a day.
More than one act of Islamic terrorism every hour.
Even when he is asleep!

I meant to say that in terms of people killed by Islamic terrorist rather than a representation of incidents. Which is pretty reasonable considering how widespread their terrorism is.

User Info: Robazoid

Robazoid
3 years ago#44
Oh, so we can just make up numbers to support our arguments then? Alright

I've seen BILLIONS of cases of Christian terrorism! All of them happened just this morning too!
**R.O.B.A.Z.O.I.D**

User Info: thebest31406

thebest31406
3 years ago#45
"Islamic terrorists" is used in order to engender fear and/or hatred toward Muslims. They'll never admit it, but that's the only logical explanation for it.

User Info: Genesis Dragon

Genesis Dragon
3 years ago#46
Calling it "Islamic terrorism" gives the implication that it's a special or worse kind of terrorism than if someone else committed it. It's not, so thinking of it as such is ridiculous.
Politics is weird. And creepy. And now I know lacks even the loosest attachment to anything like reality. -Shepard Smith

User Info: theSMITHS

theSMITHS
3 years ago#47
R_Nelly posted...
theSMITHS posted...
R_Nelly posted...
YouAreCrumbs posted...
R_Nelly posted...
It's a pretty apt saying. While it's not 100% correct,

i mean, it's not right or anything. but i like it.

It's pretty safe to say 99% of terrorist are Muslims. Show me the last time white people engaged in a terrorist attack against a civilian instillation? What's it been 3 years? I'm not saying they don't exist, but it's such a small number that it isn't worth mentioning. What do you have? Maybe 50 incidents in the last 50 years? Compare that to the hundreds of thousands, if not millions of instances of Muslim terrorism and the evidence is clear.

This is one reason why Fox News should be pulled off the air.

Please, do prove how I'm wrong instead of distracting from the actual point of the post.

"millions"? and you're asking me to prove you wrong? You seem to be aping Fox News paranoia, lies and Islamophobia - hence my response. Reminder - just because someone wears the military garb and insignia of a government, doesn't free him from being labeled a terrorist.
(message deleted)

User Info: Maverick3000

Maverick3000
3 years ago#49
IMadepooh4U posted...

Remember kids, not all muslims are terrorists, but virtually all terrorists are muslim.

No.
we're not all geniuses like you Maverick. >_> - AWrulez

User Info: CC Ricers

CC Ricers
3 years ago#50
IMadepooh4U posted...
Because it is not just middle eastern muslims.

Remember kids, not all muslims are terrorists, but virtually all terrorists are muslim.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

Accept your rekts m8, expect your delivery between 8am and 4pm
And then Nick Fury meets Mace Windu and they're both like "Mother ******!!!" - Kicksave
http://i.imgur.com/uhbQ6vu.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Politics
  3. Serious question for potentially unserious users, regarding terrorism.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived