You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
  3. Advancing From Thin-Blood To 13th Gen

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
3 months ago#11
Juxtapose posted...
@jurbanik

#2 You only go down a generation unless the soul eaten was much lower of a generation than you.

Isn't that what I said? If you diablerie a 4th gen vampire you become 4th gen. If you do a 6th gen you become a 6th gen.

So my comment that you get the generation of the victim was correct.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
No collusion, no obstruction = 2020 VICTORY.

User Info: Juxtapose

Juxtapose
3 months ago#12
jurbanik posted...
Juxtapose posted...
@jurbanik

#2 You only go down a generation unless the soul eaten was much lower of a generation than you.

Isn't that what I said? If you diablerie a 4th gen vampire you become 4th gen. If you do a 6th gen you become a 6th gen.

So my comment that you get the generation of the victim was correct.

No. You can be 13th gen, eat a 4th gen and end up as a 10th gen.

You will never skip too far behind in gen.
No victim no crime.

jurbanik
3 months ago#13
Well according to the WOD Wiki they state this:

"The Fourth Generation are vampires who are three steps removed from Caine in generation. Such powerful creatures are also known as methuselahs, and are either childer of the Antediluvians or else have committed diablerie on one such childe of an Antediluvian."

Notice the "or else" part? So 10th eating a 4th could become a 4th per this statement. I admit it is not clearly written and maybe only a 5th or 6th can do this. But it also doesn't say a much lower gen can't do it. I could find no "rule" that said if I was a 10th gen and consumed a 4th gen I would therefore become a X gen vampire.

You also changed you response somewhat. Originally you said you would only gain 1 gen no matter what. But no at least you clarified that you could drop multiple gens based on the level you consumed.

User Info: Juxtapose

Juxtapose
3 months ago#14
I think Tremere himself would be the best example. He went down quite a few generations.

I was thinking more of if a 13th gen ate a 9th gen then they would only advance to 12th gen. Having exact specifications in the rules would be nice but as it is, the core book for version 5 is missing quite a lot, to the point where the Tremere clan isn't even properly outfitted with disciplines yet.

A caster should have a way to replenish their energy supply while also having quick projectiles and crowd control methods that do not rely on materials or lengthy rituals.

The state of the Tremere is definitely my least favorite part of version 5.
No victim no crime.
(edited 3 months ago)

jurbanik
3 months ago#15
But even prior versions never gave us hard and fast rules about how many gen levels you go down base on your starting gen level and the one you consume. I often wondered if someone consumed Caine (is that even possible considering God said he would never die) what they would become.

Another side question is if all the 2nd gen vamps are dead as the lore says then can any vamp ere get to 2nd gen or would that only happen if Caine decided to have another childe.

User Info: AFreeby

AFreeby
3 months ago#16
jurbanik posted...
But even prior versions never gave us hard and fast rules about how many gen levels you go down base on your starting gen level and the one you consume. I often wondered if someone consumed Caine (is that even possible considering God said he would never die) what they would become.

Another side question is if all the 2nd gen vamps are dead as the lore says then can any vamp ere get to 2nd gen or would that only happen if Caine decided to have another childe.

You could never diablerize Caine, as God would not allow it, but if for some random reason he did, you would become the new 1st generation and father of vampires. Though it is debatable whether you would actually maintain your personality. Caine's blood is so powerful and pure, that he may just end up manifesting inside of you, and your body could end up just becoming a new vessel for Caine.

As for your other question, since all the 2nd gen are dead it is impossible for any vamp to become 2nd gen unless Caine ends up siring again in the modern nights.
Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Official Dark Emperor Mundus of the Devil May Cry Boards
(edited 3 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
  3. Advancing From Thin-Blood To 13th Gen