You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
  3. SJW Drama & Why The Game Will Be Fine In The End

User Info: Juxtapose

Juxtapose
3 months ago#1
POLITICS HAVE BEEN IN THIS SERIES BEFORE! Two examples below.

https://i.imgtc.com/I4kxOI1.jpg

https://i.imgtc.com/Ucn24da.jpg

This video below makes a lot of good points as well.

https://youtu.be/_Ok-WIKoiWE

I am an anti-SJW and haaaate SJWs.. but us anti-SJWs are becoming the new SJWs -_-
No victim no crime.

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
3 months ago#2
The key is choice. Having choices is fine. Being forced into certain things is not fine to me.

But even then it comes down to story and if those so called SJW decisions are integral to the story. I will provide an example. In Dragon Age games there were only male Qunari warriros. This was their lore. It was part of their belief system. But for Bioware that was not good enough. So they created female Qunari warriors for no reason other than to have them. It provided nothing to the game and in fact it mocked the established lore. It was a net minus.

So having SJW "things" (whatever they might be) is fine, but only if it makes sense and doesn't counter established lore.

Finally, the other side of the SJW coin is where they REMOVE stuff to make the game more "acceptable" or "inclusive". Removing things is what I really hate to see. I want MORE options. I want more avenues to go down and more ways to deal with NPC's. For example, I should have the option to use humans as cattle, and force my ghouls to do whatever I want. I should be able to degrade them if I so desire. I lose humanity and pay the price that way. I may get into trouble by other vampires or clans but I should be able to be as nice, accepting or as mean and despicable as I choose. Many SJW changes won't allow you to demean women even if they are cattle to a vampire.

So this is what all the SJW changes might be that I dislike.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
No collusion, no obstruction = 2020 VICTORY.

User Info: Juxtapose

Juxtapose
3 months ago#3
Yeah, choice is the theme and the promise. Role playing games live and die based on choices and how those choices influence the environment around the player.

From what I've seen so far, I can expect a little encouragement thrown the players way to act a certain way but I fully expect that the player can be almost whatever they want. Wanna be a brutal sociopath? Go ahead but don't frenzy! Wanna be a "hero?" Good luck giving up that rare fetish item for the sake of your morals and overall going through the game without getting your hands dirty.

Vampire has always been about personal horror and the inevitable descent into being a monster. It should be almost impossible to maintain a Humanity level 10 without severe sacrifices. But considering that this game was developed side-by-side with version 5 and version 5 emphasizes hunger and whatnot, being a SJW Mary Sue isn't going to fly.

I expect a lot of power struggles between morally ambiguous groups rather than a black and white hero vs villain story.
No victim no crime.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
3 months ago#4
BTW I really didn't see those examples as anti-anything. Instead I viewed the responses as being sarcastic in that you didn't want to reveal the truth or to leave.

After all there are other parts of the game where you can call the Anarchs or other sects various names. You can "insult" other's beliefs and who or what they support.

But what if instead of Venus being made to look that way the Anita S. group forced the designers to make her ugly and bland looking, no cleavage along with all the rest of the female NPC's in the game? And in addition they removed the prostitutes and strippers? All in the name of defending her troupe. THAT would be unwelcome SWJ crap to me.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
No collusion, no obstruction = 2020 VICTORY.
  1. Boards
  2. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
  3. SJW Drama & Why The Game Will Be Fine In The End